My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Are you ready for some football?

Thursday will kick off the NFL season. I used to be a bigger football fan than I am now. My interest in Major League Baseball was renewed about three years ago, and as I became more and more immersed in baseball, I lost a lot of my affinity for football. I guess my brain can only hold so much.

Baseball was my first love as a kid. I can still name the starting lineup of the 1977 Red Sox.

I was a Miami Dolphin fan forever. I guess I still am, although my interest has waned since Marino retired. And I used to hate the Patriots with a passion. But now that I no longer live in Massachusetts and am not constantly surrounded by their obnoxious fans, I am happy for their success. Perhaps that represents a bit of personal growth?

I'd hate to think that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.