My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Is it me?

I seem to be aquiring quite a list of pet peeves. I'm 43 years old. Is it an age thing? Am I getting cranky? Is this the beginning of a slow inexorable slide into dementia? For your consideration:

People who, when they are in any sort of drive-thru line, turn off and start their car every time they move up a spot. Should these people be driving?

People who refuse to wait until you get off the elevator before they attempt to get on the elevator. I like to wait right up against the doors big as life with a big scowl on my face, which startles any would-be jump-the-gun boarder when the doors open.

People who use the phrase "I could care less". The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less". Are we that lazy as a people? The other way makes no sense. It implies you could indeed care less, which makes no sense if you are trying to convey absolute disinterest.

People who insist on waiting until the last minute before trying to merge and cut in front of you at the highway construction site even though there have been "lane closed" signs for the last two miles. Merge, you son of a bitch!

People who will idle their car in a lane in a parking lot waiting for someone to pull out so they can get a space 30 feet closer to Wal-Mart or Publix, or whatever, completely oblivious to the fact they are backing up traffic. And nine times out of ten once these pinheads do park and get out of the car it turns out to be someone who could have benefited from a little bit of a walk, if you get my drift.

There is no such word as irregardless. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.