My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

You can't go home again

For the last few months I have been receiving notices about my 25th high school reunion. I debated about whether to attend or not, but in the end I decided to pass. First of all, it would have meant a plane ride, and I am not a big fan of air travel. And second, I really couldn't see the point of tripping down memory lane. I mean, if these people meant anything to me anymore, wouldn't I have kept in touch with them (and vice versa)? My buddy down the highway in St. Pete lobbied for me to go and I wanted to point out to him that he and I haven't seen each other in more than a half dozen years, and we're little more than two hours away from each other. So why board a plane and schlep up to Massachusetts for an evening with strangers?

Anyway, I got an email this week that the reunion was cancelled due to lack of interest. That kind of makes me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.