My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Picking the Right "Path"

My friend Galen shot me an email the other day after sifting through my blog. He had this comment:

"This is the mindless ranting of a psychopath, but yet, fascinating. I know you well enough to know, that you have enough material to go for decades. "

Now, I like Galen. He's a good man. Anyone who is both a Red Sox fan and a Seinfeld devotee is aces in my book. But if I've told people once, I've told them a hundred times...

It's sociopath. I'm a sociopath. Not a psychopath. I'm not completely nuts.

Actually, what I think I am is a borderline sociopath. Now, I have another friend, Candi, who works in the mental health field, who claims there is no such thing as a borderline sociopath.

I respectfully disagree. I've done some research.

Now, there are degrees to sociopathology. I mean, I'm not cruising the streets in a van looking to abduct young women. There are no cub scouts buried in shallow graves in my backyard. I don't torture stray animals in the neighborhood.

There are no body parts in my freezer.

But...not all my synapses are firing all the time, people. Galen, who I used to work with, was always fond of telling people that I was dead inside.

Sometimes I think the only thing keeping me from becoming a serial killer is my distaste for manual labor.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Brilliantly worded.

For myself, I like the term: Sexual-Sociopath.
It warns you up front, but keeps you coming back
For more.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Not bad. Although it might give the ladies pause.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.