My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Blog for Choice Day


"On the 33rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we are asking pro-choice bloggers to join us in a day of activism for choice. This is our chance to raise the profile of reproductive rights issues in the blogosphere and the media, and to let everyone know that a woman's right to choose is not negotiable."

Fair enough. I'm in.

I'm not a real political guy. And I'm not overwhelming passionate about a lot of causes (except for that ketchup and tuna deal I posted on Friday). And just about everyone who participates in Blog for Choice Day will, I am sure, be more informed and eloquent than me on the topic.

And, in general on this blog, I try to stay away from anything controversial. I'm just a sarcastic guy looking for a forum, hoping to get an occasional chuckle.

But I have my beliefs. And one of them has always been a woman's right to choose. Who are we to tell her what she can do with her body? Who is anyone? The decision lies with only one person: the woman in question.

There is a lot of arrogance on the far right. And there is a lot of arrogance on the part of many religious institutions. I don't like arrogance.

And franky, I'm concerned about a lot of things with this new court. Chief among them the possibility of overturning Roe v. Wade.

Don't we have bigger things to worry about? Let's not go fucking around with the reproductive rights of women. How would you like it if someone told you what you can or can't do with your body?

Case closed. Next case.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Amen! That's always been my belief.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I missed the day! I didn't even know about it, probably because I've been having trouble loading my favorite political sites. Liberal here, hate abortion, would never have one, but still believe it should be legal. You can't legislate religious convictions, which vary so much anyway. Government needs to stay out of people's bodies.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Prairie Girl said...

Well said Mr. Fab. Succinct! I'm with you btw, in the Ketchup/Tuna vs. Fridge debate. I want that ketchup room-temp and that tuna cold.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You said it all perfectly!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Thanks guys. My statement was short, but straight from the heart.

PG-Finally someone who understands the cross I have had to bear! Bless you!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

For someone who's not a "real political guy" and who steers away from controversy, you did a darn-tootin' good job on this one, Mr. Fab! Thanks for your support! :)

And btw, I have just added you to my sidebar. 'S About time!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous dreamwalker said...

*Clapping madly* I came upon this entry via the web! It was written before I'd discovered fabulous you, but it makes me even happier that I did. You are not merely brilliantly entertaining - you are a STAR!!

I hope you can still get through the door with that large head :)

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.