My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Do not pass Go!

I love to play Monopoly. I don't get a chance to play much anymore, but I wish I did.

I can be a little competitive. A little ruthless. A little Machiavellian, if you will.

If you ever play Monopoly with me be prepared for me to buy up everything in site, even if I have to mortgage the store. And I'll have so many side deals going we'll need a pen and paper to keep track of them all:

If you sell me Tennesee Avenue, I'll grant you immunity should you land on that color group when I've got houses on them, and I'll give you one free pass if you land on Boardwalk or Park Place.

I'll give you a thousand dollars to build hotels on the purple group if you grant me immunity should I land on them, and give me forty percent of what you collect from the other players when they land on them.

I'll give you these two railroads if you promise that if you land on Kentucky Avenue you'll buy it and then sell it to me for a dollar.

You get the idea.

What's your favorite board game?

10 Comments:

Blogger KB said...

OMG LOL I'm not sure I could keep up with you & Monopoly!

I love games--all board games. I don't get to play them nearly enough.

I like Trivial Pursuit, Taboo, & so on. I would love to learn (from someone who really knows how to play) chess someday. I've dabbled, but haven't really sat down seriously.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hell, I know I couldn't keep up with you. Shrewd dude...sums you up huh?

I'm into the Trivial Pursuit games myself.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Gotta say I love the attitude you've got towards that game, I've never played with anyone who was that creative before. Then again not many people are that creative.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You play Monopoly exactly the way I do! And really, it's the only way to make it interesting. So much easier than out and out cheating!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Belle said...

I remember one time when I was much younger that my sister managed to beat me in Monopoly within 5 minutes. Seriously, 5 whole minutes. I think that was a world record.

My favorite game is Mancala.

5:42 PM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary. I've played Monopoly with people who cheated (grrrr!) but never with anyone who cut such inventive deals. That sounds way more interesting.

7:24 PM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Completely off topic - from A Prairie Girl's blog posting of the teapot picture - You must dissuade Mrs. F from the abomination of making tea in a cup. Boil water, swirl a small amount of boiling water in a ceramic teapot to heat it, discard water, insert two tea bags, pour 4 cups of boiling water over bags, cover, put dishtowel over pot, steep tea for 5 minutes. Then you will have properly brewed cup of tea. Okay, 4 properly brewed cups of tea. Tea that has been cooled can be nuked later. My job here is done.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mall madness is my favorite board game...hhehehe

8:47 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Monopoly, not so much. Scrabble? Yes, please! LOVE Scrabble.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Guys--I can't take all the credit for the creative monopoly play--that's how all my friends and I played. We didn't need a banker so much as an arbiter and referee!

TJ--what is Mancala?

Dawn--I will pass your words of wisdom on to the Mrs.!

Amber--I completely agree--Scrabble rocks!

Sarah--the mall? ugh! :)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.