My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, January 13, 2006

I have been delivered!

The day is at hand.

Well, it was at hand yesterday, anyway. When I placed the order for my new laptop.

Merlinprincesse was right. That was the penalty.

By the way, Merlinprincesse, I have checked out your blog, and it makes me wish I could speak French. However, as an Ugly American, I was not required to learn a second language and as an intellectually challenged homo sapien, I don't have the cognitive capacity to learn one even if I had the opportunity.

But I appreciate your kind comments! And, in this case, your correct prediction.

I am actually part French. But apparently, not the part that can speak the language. Which is strange, because I am also part Irish, and apparently it was the part that allowed me to drink to excess.

In any event, soon the new computer shall arrive, and I shall be delivered from my laptop purgatory. It's a Dell Inspiron 9300, loaded not only with bells and whistles, but also pulleys, bullhorns, noisemakers, whoopie cushions, french ticklers, door knobs, and sea shells.

And I got an awesome deal on it.

As if it senses my betrayal, my current laptop was very finicky yesterday.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, HP Pavilion ze5300. It tolls for thee.

6 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Dear dear dear... You really passed through my blog very rapidly... All my posts are in French AND IN ENGLISH. A bilingual blog mon cher...So come back to see me. Most of the comments on my posts are in English.... ;o)

11:28 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

PS: I Have 2 blogs and both are BILINGUAL!!!
YEP. Are you Speedy Gonzalez? :o)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

A thousand pardons, m'lady. My face is currently an appropriate shade of crimson. I only saw the French for some reason. I am a victim of a short attention span, I fear. Mea culpa! I throw myself upon your mercy!

Now that I can read it, it's quite lovely! I share your affinity for our animal friends!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I had to return the favor of your visit to my blog and I have to say I'm glad I did. You had me laughing within seconds.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Prairie Girl said...

The anticipation of receiving a new computer (especially a laptop) is equal to no other that I know.

The waiting is harder than being 8 years old at 5 am on Christmas morning!

And yes, I can hear the bell tolling for your old one -- all the way over here in Germany :-)

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

PG, you have hit the nail on the head. The new laptop is all I can think about. When will it be here? WHEN????

And the old one is getting even MORE cantankerous. It's become a race against time...

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.