My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I never know what's going on

As a corporate stooge, um.....I mean manager, I report directly to the COO of the organization, although I interact a lot with the CEO as well.

A couple of weeks ago, just before Christmas, I was up in the Executive Offices, and Nancy, the CEO, suggested I take some of the oranges that had been delivered as a Christmas gift to the office.

I did so, stating that if I didn't eat them, maybe I could use them to learn how to juggle.

She seemed surprised that I didn't know how to juggle. She said that if there was one person in the building who she thought would know how to juggle, it would be me.

I don't know what that meant. But I chose to take it as a compliment.

Then last week I was in Bill's (the COO) office, during a conference call with our Birmingham district. There was talk about how to properly thank some hospital executives that had helped us with a project. Bill asked me what I thought of simply sending a nice, classy card with a heartfelt message. I concurred, and said that sometimes less is more. He looked at me and commented that I always sounded like a commercial.

I chose to take that as a compliment as well.

But....I never know what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.