My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ignorance IS bliss!

Blood centers in the U.S. are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.

Every so often, usually once a year or every two years, each of our regions gets inspected. And it is a hectic, frantic, nail biting time for everyone. Usually there is no notice when they arrive. Records are scrutinized, files are pulled, techs are observed, and everybody holds their breath until final judgement is passed.

Of course, usually everything is fine. But it's human nature to worry, I suppose.

Oh, did I say it was a hectic, frantic, nail biting time for everyone? My mistake.

I'm very relaxed during an FDA inspection. My department is not technical, and the FDA holds no sway over me.

While the mere mortals scurry about like chipmunks on crack, I walk among them, feeling, as Travis Tritt would say, ten feet tall and bullet proof.

It's one of the few times I get to feel like that.

Feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.