My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Patty and Don

Two big birthdays today (I don't know what it is with me and birthdays lately).

I am a big Patty Loveless fan. She was my first real introduction to country music. I was working as a sales rep for a wholesale distributor when I heard "I'm That Kind of Girl" come over the sound system in some grocery store I was working up down in CT. I was immediately hooked.

She was the only country music artist I listened to until I moved to SC. Once I was in the Palmetto State, I became a big fan of the genre. I had to. I think it's the law in South Carolina. You had to listen to country music and you had to have a favorite NASCAR driver (mine was Jeff Gordon).

And Don Shula. Man, he was a football coach right out of Hollywood casting, with that strong jaw and those steely eyes. It seemed liked he roamed the Dolphins sidelines for most of my life. And he still looks damn good today. I should look so good at that age.

I have autographs from both of them, and they are among my favorites.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Monica said...

oh nooooo... Jeff Gordon?? haha!

But I have to agree with you.. I am a Patty fan too!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.