My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Take me home, country road...

Thursday night. Getting ready to pre-pack. Heading home early tomorrow. Thank God.

I'll head out at 5 AM, figure a seven hour drive, add an hour for the time change, and I'll be back in Gainesville around 1 PM. Drop all my stuff off at the house, and go visit my dad. Call Mrs. F. and have her meet me at the airport so I can return my rental car, and then it's home sweet home.

It was a productive week here in beautiful Birmingham. I got a lot of work done, put some structure in place, gave plenty of direction, and hopefully it will all take root and bear fruit.

Hey that last part rhymed. Cool. I think I just found a new slogan. Take Root and Bear Fruit!

Anyway, it will be good to get back. Whenever I travel I devote 90% of my energies to that one region, which means most of my corporate duties and projects get put on the back burner. So I am wayyyy behind. Normally I would have worked on a lot of them at night, but I couldn't get my work laptop working with the DSL service at the hotel, so I was out of luck.

It will be good to be home. I miss my wife and my bunnies, and I can't wait to lay eyes on the new bundle of joy that the Dell stork dropped off on our doorstep this week.

I still need to pick out a name for the little fella. Maybe one will occur to me on the drive home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prairie Girl said...

Perhaps you should hold a name-my-baby contest :-)

I googled around for some name generators and found a Pokemon one that determined that you new Dell laptop should be known forthwith as Voltrina.

Voltrina has the following assets/liabilities:

Breathes fire
Has a discoball
Fears 8-track tapes
Throws force bolts
Shoots sledgehammers
Pukes acid.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Safe travels. What do you do exactly that requires so much traveling?

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.