My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Are you a sociopath?

A woman's mother dies.

Five days later they have a funeral for her. The woman circulates at the reception afterward, thanking people for attending. During the gathering she meets a man she immediately falls head over heels in love with. She thinks he's perfect. She thinks he is just the man she has been looking for. She can picture spending the rest of her life with this man.

Unfortunately she has other guests to attend to, and when she looks for him again, he's disappeared. Already left. Before she could get his name or find out where he lives or works. He's gone.

Fast forward two weeks.

This same woman kills her sister. Murders her.

Why does she kill her sister?

10 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Darned if I know. Maybe because her sister killed the guy?

And? Am I a sociopath? Am I?

6:13 AM  
Blogger Prairie Girl said...

In the hopes that history will repeat itself and the guy'll show up again.

Pyschopathically yours,
PG :-))

10:20 AM  
Blogger Gary J. Wood said...

I think PG's got it. That would be the sociopathic response. Christina's is more like a psychopath.

Easy question for Canadians. Just ask yourself: What would Karla do?

10:49 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

WWKD! Mwa ha! Too funny, Gary.

I think Prairie Girl's got it. I hadn't thought of that, my answer was going to be something like it was Wednesday or she wore blue shoes or something.

And you thought Canadians were nice, overly-polite, harmless people. Bunch o' sociopaths, we.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

I believe Prairie Girl nailed it.

Who's Karla?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I didn't do it. Paul did.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gary J. Wood said...

Meredith knows. This is Karla:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka

2:13 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Yep PG has it.

Isn't that a freaky one?

2:38 PM  
Blogger CP said...

I thought she killed her sister because her sister was moving in on the guy who showed up at the funeral...and SHE was the reason HE disappeared.

I mean, thats the reason I would kill MY sister...if I had one.

Moo ha ha.

CP.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Man, PG knocks it out of the park! She kills the sister, figuring that the man knew the family, and so would show up for the second funeral and she could reconnect with him.

PG--I'm a little scared of you know!

Christina--You seem pretty normal to me!

Dawn--I am so NOT ever going to Canada. The cold weather must make you guys wacko.

Billy--I'm sure YOU would have gotten it :)

Gary--Yikes! I seem to remember something about that. Again, I must repeat--No Canada for me!

KB--Don't tell me you've never killed anyone...

Meredith--Paul tells a different story...

CP--you're another one who I can't believe hasn't taken a life or twelve :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.