My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Before I was Fab...

For some unknown reason I felt compelled to take a gander through some photo albums and post some pictures of me from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Back when the world was young. Way back before I was Fab. In the beginning...


"Hey, are you looking at me? What are you looking at me for? How would you like me to get out of this chair and stomp you like a narc at a biker rally? Hmmm? You want a piece of me, bitch?"


"Okay boys, saddle up and let's ride. We're gonna track down that bitch from Romper Room. We gotta get our hands on that Magic Mirror and use it for our own evil purposes. With it, we will be able to crush our enemies!"

"OK, now watch how I do it one more time. Stick with me peeps, I'm gonna show you how to bust a move old school. I'm just burning doing the neutron dance...I'm just burning doing the neutron dance..."


"I'm telling you, these things are alive! Jesus Christ, how could you leave me here? As soon as your back is turned they're gonna smack me around until I bleed out the ears! Get me out of here! Child Services is gonna hear about this, you sons of bitches!"


"How do you like the threads, kids? I mugged a German baby for these clothes. Guten Tag!"


"I know something you don't know...Want me to tell you? Okay, it's...psyche! I'm not gonna tell you! Oh, okay, but it's a secret. Ready? I just...psyche! Hahahahaha. Chump! Suck on it!"


The best thing about this picture? Look at that proud head of hair! Ah, memories! This is me and my brother, Chris. I have no idea why I seem to be leaning on him. Nice deer in the headlights look he's got going.

Fast forward ten years or so to prom night. Way before the contact lenses, but well on the way to losing the hair. Is there anything sexier than a powder blue tux? For some reason I think I look like a guy from 1965 rather than 1980. I was such a sexy beast!

Well, I think that's enough humiliation for one day.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hilarious subtitles. The powder blue suit...well, let's just say I got a good laugh. Thanks dude.

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Oh no, that powder blue tux is 1980 in a nutshell. Which is where it belongs.

But you was always fab...

10:02 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Stylin' Mr. Fab, stylin'.

Senior prom in 80? Looks like we may be from the same generation...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That was awesome!!!!! ;) Great pics! And hey - no one looks fab in their prom pictures in retrospect! :) Besides, 1980 WAS right after 1979, so we can cut you some slack! ;)

1:43 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

OOOOOOOOOOooH Mr Fab!!!! Are you a redhead! That would be perfect with the blue tux....MMMM You were a cuuuuuute baby, baby! Laughted a lot with your texts. Thanks for this piece of anthology!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Love them all~but I think my favorite was the little German outfit.

I'm a sucker for lederhosen.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Mike--thanks, but believe me, bck in those days I was far from the only on wearing powder blue!

Dawn--i appreciate that. It WAS in senior year that fabulousness began to blossom. The tux not withstanding.

Billy--nice to know there is at least one other cool guy from our generation in Florida.

Rebecca--be thankful I couldn't find any pictures of the grey leisure suit I had in junior high!

Merlinprincesse--I was blond "back in the day" but if I grow a beard it comes in more red than anything. Mother nature is a devilish little minx

Big Pissy--that WAS the scuttlebut about you...

4:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ohdearlord, that tux! Darlin', I'm the same age as you and I know of no one who sported a powder blue tux in 1980! Those tux rental people saw you a-comin'!

Great, great, great pictures! I love that you showed them to us.

6:25 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Mr. Fab you were such a cute babe!

Um, but the powder blue? LOL Yikes.

Have a great weekend!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Well now Dixie and KB, I'll have you know that Mrs. Fabulous tells me HER prom date 1500 miles away also wore a powder blue tux. So...well, actually I am not sure what that means :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger FreedomGirl said...

You were a friggin' adorable baby!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Henri Banks said...

Wow you real look fabulous in that suite

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.