My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Come out come out wherever you are...

I see you there. You think I can't see you. But I can. I see all.

I know you are out there, peeking around corners, standing back in the shadows, drinking my milk straight from the carton instead of using a glass, not putting the seat down after you use my toilet, putting your drink directly on the coffee table instead of using a coaster, leaving your dirty socks on the floor, and leaving your dishes in the sink instead of putting them away in the dishwasher.

That's cool. I like lurkers. It's kind of like having a haunted house. You guys are the unseen spirits roaming through my estate. You mischievous little fellows. Mischievous but lovable.

I'll make you a deal. It's okay with me if you want to inhabit the spirit world. But how about a little love? You don't have to say anything, just let me know you're out there by placing a pin on my guestmap. Think of it as the spiritual equivalent of moving a chair by itself, or making the TV come on when it's unplugged, or making all the faucets mysteriously spew water.

And then you can go back to roaming the halls, making strange noises at night, frightening the rabbits, putting furniture up on the ceiling, and writing cryptic messages on the mirrors.

Be at peace, my little poltergeists.

Oh, and say hello to Carol Anne for me, please.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jozee said...

Love those maps. Lurkers drive me nuts! I do write mostly for myself but it's nice to hear from people. Thanks for your comments on my blog Mr. Fab.
Noho is still fun but I guess you don't get back much.
Anything in particular you'd like to see in a photo of your old stomping grounds?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I haven't been back in...hmm...about six years since I moved my dad down, and even then it was a quick trip.

I can't think of anything off hand, but I'll let you know. It sure was a great place to grow up.

10:48 AM  
Blogger CrankyProf said...

I'm the one who's been hiding your car keys. :P

4:03 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

And have you stuck one in my Frappr map? Hmmm? Been pinned on yours for nearly a month now and do I have the favor of a return pinning?

The disappointment is crushing...

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CP--Oh, I know. And my revenge will be swift and just!

Dixie--Not so my friend! I have been on your map as long as you have been on mine. Look closely at North Central Florida... :)

7:41 PM  
Blogger CrankyProf said...

I pinned! Of course, I am geographically challenged, so I tried to get close to Philly....but I am probably stranded in Altoona.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I'm not a lurker~but I do LOVE your blog's new look! Fabulous! =)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Celena said...

HI! Not placing pin on map!! Hee hee, ok, fine, I will!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Celena said...

ok, nevermind, I can't even FIND your map! I'll look again! But if it's too much work, then I'm leaving!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CP--Stranded in Altoona? A fate worse than death!

BP--I'm not sure, but I think I got to them through your site, so you should receive credit...

Celena--Sigh...Canadians...Just kidding! (ducks)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Belle said...

Awww those poor little lurkers being singled out. Okay I'll pin ya'...bend over, donkey.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

TJ--Ooh, I usually pay extra for that treatment!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.