My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I was not all I could be...

Only one stuffed animal. It was not a banner day.

Not really my fault though. It was really too cold and windy a day to go to the fair. Attendance was way down, and I need a day with heavy attendance because my specialty is the water gun games, and you need a certain amount of players before they'll run the game, and no one was playing.

C'est la vie.

At least I got a chance to give the carnies a hard time. I wore a Dan Marino sweatshirt which was apparently a mistake because it gave the game operators something to call me by as we walked through the midway. "Hey Marino, over here! Hey, number 13, try your luck!" Yeesh.

At the basketball games: "Basketball sucks!"

At the softball games: "That game is for suckers!"

At the dart game: "I'm afraid of balloons."

At another dart game: "So how many do I have to win to get the large prize? Let's see...3, 3, 3, 2...11 wins. And how much do you suppose I would have to spend to do that, hmm?"
His reply: "Lighten up man, I'm not trying to sell you a Cadillac."

You know you've done your job when a carny tells you to lighten up.

At one point one of them yelled out to me "Hey, man, where did you get that bear?"
I yelled back "I blew a guy for it!"

My goal, if we had stayed another couple of hours, would be for all the carnies to whisper as we walked down the midway "See that guy? He's an asshole."

Oh well. Maybe next year. And by the way:
Ice cream of the future? And exactly how long has Dippin' Dots been the ice cream of the fucking future, about 25 years? When is the future going to get here? In what dimension?

3 Comments:

Blogger Belle said...

I hate Dippin' Dots. No matter how many times I can try it, it still leaves a bad aftertaste.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Thank you! Kind of like...no...it's too early in the morning for me to work blue...

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Pat T Hat said...

Now you sir are my kind of customer! Come on over and let me show ya how to play my game! Not a winner every time, but today, for you..........

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.