My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm never happy...


I'm a glass half empty guy. Always have been. Probably always will be.

Last week I put up my Johari window and asked people to put their two cents in. So far twenty people have. By the way, if you still haven't contributed, it's not too late. Sing it, sister!

Now, you think I would be happy with these results:

Dominant traits:
70% think Mr. Fabulous is witty
55% think Mr. Fabulous is clever
55% think Mr. Fabulous is intelligent

And that's nice. Very nice. It really is. I appreciate it.

But once I get past that, I can't help but think about all the qualities that nobody picked.

I'm sick like that.

Adaptable Does this mean I am inflexible? Intractable? Set in my ways? What are you trying to say?

Brave Oh, I'm a coward now? I'm yellow? I'll fight you right now. I'll beat you like a red headed stepchild, punk!

Dignified Do you see me wearing a clown suit? Do I make in my pants? Am I pratfalling all over the place? Hmmm?

Helpful So you're saying I don't give a damn about anybody else? That I can't be bothered to give assistance to the "little people"?

Idealistic I'm jaded? Bitter? World weary? Well, I guess you've got a point there.

Introverted Um...can't really argue about that one either

Mature Now wait a minute. I'm a taxpayer. A homeowner. I hold down a good job. Just because I like to go out jogging in a thong with pantyhose on my head shouldn't mitigate all that!
Nervous No arguement there. I'm a cool cat, baby. You could skate on me.

Organized I really take exception to this. You should see my giant balls (easy now!) of string and tin foil, my paper clip collection, and my collection of strands of my co-worker's hair. Very organized!

Patient What do you mean. Huh? Answer me. I haven't got all God damn day!

Powerful I'm a weakling? I'm ineffectual? I've got no juice? You wanna arm wrestle? C'mon!

Proud Hey, I'm proud of my various collections (see above).

Quiet I can be very quiet. Like when I'm in the library, or when I am burglarizing a house. Or when I'm sneaking up behind one of my enemies and sliding the knife between his ribs...

Religious Not true. I am passionate in my devotion to Lucifer and his dark minions.

Responsive

Searching Well, you've got me there. I've already found the answer. Lucifer and his dark minions. Weren't you paying attention?

Self-conscious Don't look at me. Don't look at me!

Shy I guess if I talk about masturbating in parking lots and on conference calls, I'm not shy. Good point.

Sympathetic I am very sympathetic and concerned about the plights of...me.

Tense Well, this might be true. Everyone tells me I need to relax and get a massage. But when I try to book an appointment they always hang up on me when I ask about a happy ending.

Now, don't go and pick any of these if you don't feel it. Choose with your heart, because we are so close, you and I.

I like pepperjack cheese.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ms. M said...

Well now I MUST go to your Jahari window and give you some praise Mr. F! Especially now that I know SO much about you!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous HOLY COW said...

Mr. Fabulous,
That's it!
I demand that you buy me a whole new set of undies.....
I can't afford to come to your blog anymore.
You make me "make" in my pants...
I need NEW ones!!
You may pay me via PayPal!!
You need to take it on the road....you'll make millions, and I'll have new undies every week or so........

6:53 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I went and did the Jahari thing before I read your post....and I picked "Responsive"!!!

Do I get a prize?

Huh?

Do I?

:)

8:51 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I will take you on on arm wrestling but you must wear the thong and panty hose on your head ;)

9:23 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I did the window twice :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

I love the last two lines. Genius!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Trinette said...

I do think you're BRAVE. I'd never put a Johari Window on my blog and let people say nice things about me!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Ms M.--We're practically best friends!

Holy Cow--Just don't wear undies! problem solved.

Stacy--Yes, you win a sardine and sugar sandwich. Look for it in the mail!

Bead--Oh no, you Mississippi girls are too tough for me! You overachiever!

Ex--You flatterer, you!

Trinette--Hmm..sarcasm? I like it!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

We can only pick 5 or 6 adjectives silly!!! I would have picked ALL of those other ones you know!! lol

;) ;)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I don't know you well enough...yet.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Chelle--I know you're alwasys looking out for me!

Lady K--How do we rectify that?

9:37 PM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

You had me cracking up with this one. I know you were joking, but, you realize that most (if not all) people who contributed probably don't know you much beyond your wittiness, cleverness and intelligence, right?? ;)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

ShooShoo--That is true. If they REALLY knew me they wouldn't put anything nice down!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.