My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A sign I've been blogging too much?

I had a dream last night. Not too long ago, in fact. I don't usually remember much of my dreams, so I thought I better post this before it completely fades away.

I was spending two days at some company. And it was a weird company. The theme for the week was Fascism, and all the major executives were wearing SS uniforms and stuff like that. Swastika armbands. Polished boots. They all thought it was quite a hoot.

And yet they puported to be heavily religious. And they had no problem scolding and belittling people who they felt did not live their life the right way. The young woman who was assigned to work with me said she was persecuted because she was still single and she drove a Miata.

The holier than thou people had some emblem on their cars. Not a Jesus fish but sort of a single arch. I wish I could remember what they called it. But if you didn't have one, or hadn't earned one, you were looked down upon and your life was made very difficult.

I don't remember the details, but I recall they didn't care for me, either, and couldn't wait until my visit was over.

But what I remember most about the dream was not the oppression, the intolerance, the totalitarianism. What I remember most about the dream was my obsession about getting back to the hotel and blogging about what was going on there during my visit. And bemoaning the fact that I didn't bring my camera, because I thought I could post some really outrageous pictures.

Even the dreaming me is looking for material.

Too weird.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

I bet that dream holds true for many of us....or, well....the gist of it anyway!! I never thought it would be possible to become addicted to ummm blogging? lol

Thanks for coming by :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

I've dreamt that I couldn't wait to blog about what was happening in my dream as well. We need help. clearly.

9:47 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Chinedu Opara said...

Dude that was a freaky dream. SIG HEIL!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Hello, my name is Billy and I'm a blogger. It's been 23 hours since my last post, I think I need an effin drink...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I think all of us need to form a support group. Hugs all around!

5:52 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Oh eery dreams piss me off!

Once I wake up, it takes me a couple of minutes to decipher reality from dream.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.