My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

We who are about to die salute you

I went down and signed in and weighed in and got my packet for the marathon tomorrow. I'm number 384.

It should actually be fun. There are a number of us who are planning to walk together. None of us have trained. I have barely been out walking in many weeks because it has been too cold (not at all because I am lazy. Suuure...)

For some reason certain lyrics from Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon keep running through my head:

And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together

And when I really start to think about walking for about four and half hours:

We came in spastic
Like tameless horses
We left in plastic
As numbered corpses

Heck, we've already got the numbers.

I'm such a drama queen.

9 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

Well, at least your team has a fight song....

Good luck, buddy~I'll be thinking about ya while I'm all cozy in my jammies- on my couch watching movies and eating junk food. ;-)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I'm confused about this marathon. I thoguth it was running? Did I miss the post where you talked about it? Ummm care to enlighten a confuzzled gal here?? LOL

In any case...good luck with the walk.... ;)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Esereth said...

I want to wish you luck but I'm having trouble because I'm too busy struggling with the fact I can't make fun of Billy Joel's lyrics because they're much better than I remembered.

If Billy Joel isn't a hack I've been living a lie.

Why would you do that to me?

And on this, the night before your big race?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

*I* Salute you, mr. F.!!! Lately, nothing gets my ass more motivated than having ONE cigarette in my pack and knowing I have to get more, or knowing I have no more ice. Happy running, and thanks for stopping by. I wish you much water and LOTS of pollution-free air. Go for the GOLD, my friend.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Pissy--I know you'll be with me in spirit!

Chelle--It's a very walker-friendly marathon. You can choose to either run or walk the half or full. I'm walking the half. If I tried to run it, my dear, I would get about 100 yards and then start rupturing vital organs. Can't have that!

Esereth--LOL. A hack? Oh no, my friend, you have been misled. We must talk...

Lady K--I'm doing it all for you! :)

3:39 AM  
Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said...

May your marathon walk be one you finish alive and well! Know that some of us spent the morning sleeping in!!! ha ha

3:40 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I'd cheer or something but well, I am outstandingly lazy. I'll just meekly say, "Go. Mr. Fabulous." While I continue to eat my cranberry muffin and slug back coffee until it kicks in.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I outdumbed myself again by my comment I just deleted! It didn't make any sense - but of course I didn't realize that until AFTER I posted it! Good luck today!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.