My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Welcome to MY Fantasy Island...

It's Fantasy Baseball time. It's time!

Yes, I know I am a geek. And I can see you rolling your eyes. Cut it out.

I checked Yahoo yesterday and the leagues have started. I'm quivering with excitement. Quivering! And I am not a man who quivers easily.

I immediately started a league of my own, as I always do, and I invited my regulars back. And then I joined three more leagues I liked the looks of. And then Yahoo told me "OK, monkey boy, four is the maximum amount of leagues you can join. Now go get a life."

But they don't understand. I have needs.

I have Stupid Bastards in the LifeSouth League (that's mine).
Sam Adams in A Drunken Baseball League.
Yawkey Way in Fastballs.
And Gainesville Gremlins in Touch 'Em All.

On the off chance that any of you want to field a team in my league, let me know and I will send you the information. It does not cost anything to play, and if you like baseball it's a lot of fun. I can feel my competitive juices flowing already!

Oh wait. That's urine. Damn this incontinence!

But be forewarned: serious players only. It's a six month season and requires almost daily attention to your pitching rotation and starting lineup. It is a lot more labor intensive than fantasy football.

If you join, only to pretty much lose interest a couple months in and stop paying attention, I will be obliged to travel to where you live and burn down your village and make slaves of your children.

Sorry. It's in the charter.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Me no speak baseball.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Me no speak no curling :)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous smluke said...

I think I can hold my own in one of your leagues. Send me the link, my email is my first and last name with an _ between it.
Let the fun begin!!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

SML--Uh...AOL? Yahoo? Hotmail? I need the whole address, Copernicus :)

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.