My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

I have to work today, which kinda sucks, but then I have next week off. Sweet sweet vacation. I'm not going anywhere--Mrs. Fabulous does not have the week off. But I have a glorious week planned in any event. I am going to catch up on all my projects, read some books, get exercising again, see some movies...

It will be a nice, productive, low-impact week. And hopefully I can catch up on some sleep. It will be heavenly to just do...what I want to do instead of what I have to do.

Another nice thing about my birthday is all the swell swag I'll get from Mrs. Fab. We tend to go a little overboard on our birthdays, partly because we don't exchange gifts at Christmas. What we do instead is make donations in all our family member's names to the local Ronald McDonald House. Our reasoning that since we don't have any kids, anytime we want something during the course of the year we buy it for ourselves anyway, so Christmas should be a time where we think of others who are less fortunate.

OK, that's enough altruism. Where's my stuff?

Ginnie took a quick look at my birth chart. I knew I was Pisces, but she tells me my rising sign is in Sagittarius and my moon sign is Taurus. I am going to look into what that means. I was jealous up in Atlanta because Ginnie and my Pagan friends all knew what their signs were and what they all meant. I need to get in the loop.

I knew I shared this birthday with Sharon Stone and Chuck Norris. I did a little more checking and I also share it with Neneh Cherry and Carrie Underwood.

And, ickily enough, Osama Bin Laden and James Earl Ray.

And in a burst of irony, Edie Brickell. See "About Me" over on my sidebar. I swear I had no idea when I first wrote that.

I think sometime this week I am going to pull the trigger on something I have been contemplating for a long time: getting a facial. Getting a facial won't make me less of a man, will it?

And I may get a massage. I've never had one. Mrs. Fab gets them, and swears by them.

Maybe this week would be the perfect time to do a whole bunch of stuff like that. Stuff I always think about and briefly consider, but never do. Maybe I'll shave my head completely too, like my friend Eric.

And I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry. Ever since I read The Divine Ms. M rave about hers, the idea has been kicking around my head.

Tomorrow I am going to look at those new HHRs and look into the possibility of trading out the Santa Fe early. On Sunday we're headed down for the last day of the Strawberry Festival in Plant City.

Since Jennifer's out with the baby, I'll have to take my work laptop home and work on some reports for the meeting on Wednesday, but I'm making up for it by taking off the next Monday as well and not coming back until March 21.

It's gonna be a glorious week!

7 Comments:

Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Glorious week indeed!
Have an awesome fun time! :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Get the massage. I'm serious. But don't schedule it for any time you've got to go anywhere but home afterwards, because after your first massage you are gonna have the same gob-smacked look on your face that you would if you'd just had the best sex of the century. It is that good. You may not be able to blog about it, because you may lose the ability to form complete sentences for couple of hours because you are just sooooooo relaxed....

Or maybe that's just me.

11:14 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

"What we do instead is make donations in all our family member's names to the local Ronald McDonald House"

Awfully cool. My nearly eight year old nephew is a leukemia patient at St. Jude and Ronald McDonald house there was their home for quite some time. It's a great place where parents have just one less worry during one of the toughest times of their lives.

Doing that at Christmas is a great idea. E and I will look into that. We're the same as you two - we've got no children and so we indulge ourselves pretty much all year round.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Bead--Thank you my friend!

Dawn--Wow, that is a strong endorsement! Best sex of the century, eh? With or without badgers?

Cajun--I wish all the best for your nephew, poor little guy. Hopefully they will find a match soon.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Eric T. said...

The massage, facial, manicure even....all are great! It makes you no less of a man than you already are.
You'll swear by all of it once your done, especially the massage. You'll sleep better that night and feel like a new man!
Vacation is also the perfect time for shaving the head. If you don't like it, it'll have grown back some by the time you return to work. Who knows, mabye Mrs. Fab will like the clean and smooth noggin of Mr. Fab?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous dreamwalker said...

Treat yourself to a massage, it is pure heaven.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.