My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'm tarred...

Oh, I'm sorry. Blame the fact that I'm in Georgia. I meant I'm tired.

I really want to turn in early, but I really want to get a post done too. While I am trying to throttle back on my recent prolific posting, I still want to do at least one per day. I can only cut down so much. My OCD will no longer allow me to skip a day.

It has been a great couple of days in Atlanta, full of Pagans, Parties and Fun. And Ginnie!

And like a moron, I forgot to get even a single picture. Doh!

Friday night I went out to Pagan Pub Night at The Summitt, met a ton of really cool people, and had a great time. I learned a little about Paganism from Bill, hung out and threw darts with Anna and Maura, and shot pool with Anita, Jen, and some others whose names I can't recall just this second. The best part of shooting pool was that except for one fellow, everyone was as bad as I am. No pressure!

Our team didn't do so good at the trivia contest.

Oh, and Puck tried to nail me with "Duck Duck Goose" but I tricked him. Long story. I tagged his ass without even getting out of my chair.

Low impact Duck Duck Goose.

We had the blood drive and social today, and between the Pagan donors and the other folks who came in to donate whole blood and apheresis, we had what is a really good day for that location. The food, drinks, games, and music was plentiful. I learned how to play Mancala (although I lost) and we also had darts, Scrabble, Othello and Yahtzee (although I don't think anyone got around to playing Yahtzee. And I had been practicing rolling dice all week, dammit).

And my name may be Mr. Fabulous, but Ginnie is fabulous! She came by in the late morning and she fit right into our little group. She was well versed on every topic that came up. I would expect nothing less from such a wise, worldly, intelligent, and soulful woman! I learned a bit about astrology, and as soon as I can find out the exact time of my birth, she is going to do a chart for me to figure out what is rising. Or mooning. Or following. I can't remember.

I do remember Jody mocking me because I am Pisces. Too many damn Leos and Geminis in the room!

She also was kind enough to give me one of her pinched pennies. The one I chose was one of a 1955 Ford Thunderbird. And now I am going to make it a habit to keep my eyes out for these machines in Florida so I can send her some she doesn't have.

She is an awesome, special lady. Next time I am in town we're gonna have a long lunch. I could talk to her all day.

Now I just got back from dinner with Eric at the new Cheeseburger in Paradise here in the Perimeter Section of town. It was dee-licous!

Best line of the weekend belonged to Puck. While we were hanging out this afternoon, I was letting Jody, who had just donated, know that if he started to not feel good, I would be glad to give him mouth-to-mouth. And then I offered that while doing it, I might slip him some tongue. We went back in forth in that vein for a bit, until Puck asked

"What is this, Brokeback Bloodbank?"
I think he was jealous. If he had asked, I'd have done him, too.
Goodnight everybody.

14 Comments:

Blogger Celena said...

yep. There's something wrong with you!

9:42 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Ginnie IS a great Lady, isn't she? :)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Y'all, there is a very real way in which Mr. Fabulous is ALMOST:

BRAD pItt.

That's all I'm saying.

Except that I'm mad with jealousy over the real-life bloglovefest, and if you traveled that far, you should have come on out here, where our long 'i' sounds don't turn into broad 'a' sounds (as in tarred for tired), but take on a life of their own as the straightest, longest 'i' sounds you've ever heard. There is no dipthong in our 'i'. They say the way to tell what region of the South a Southerner of from is to have them say the phrase "mile high pie." These will be VERY one-syllable words here. Of course, then we have to go make a pie, if we can find some rhubarb.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Wait...
I'm confused?!?!
But then again, I'm always confused.
Who, what, when?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jozee said...

omg- you are too funny.
You should be tired more often.

I love mancala and rolled pennies those are so cool.

Ginnie must be too.

I wanna have a real life blog experience!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Celena--Yeah, but I'm fun at parties!

MP--She sure is, but she told me alllllllllll about you! LOL

Belinda--I'll be GLAD to come over there, except I thought my twin and I were supposed to never reunite!

Sherry--It's okay. Lie down for a while. You'll be fine :)

Jozee--If I ever get the urge to visit the old stomping grounds, you'll be the first one I notify!

9:46 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, that sounds like fun! And now you know what a great person Ginnie is.

We got Piseans all over the place here. I'm the sole Gemini of the bunch.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Christina--She is awesome. I knew bloggers are the coolest people!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Celena said...

So when is YOUR birthday?

11:32 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Awww shucks. He's just saying it 'cuz it's true. HA. But HE'S the one who's FABULOUS.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Sounds like a great time!

and I can't believe you didn't get pictures of Ginny

and the "Brokeback Bloodbank" moment... ;-)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Eric T. said...

Your right, Anna, Maura, Puck, Jody and the rest of the bunch are good people.
Dinner was excellent. You forgot to mention the Carnivor Platter as the appitizer and need for a basket full of wet naps!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Mr. Fab you have the same idea as me - I'm going to look all over for squished penny things and whenever I see one, I'm getting one for Ginnie!

I'm so stoked that you got to meet her!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Celena--Soon, girl, soon!

Ginnie-We have GOT to do lunch when I come back!

Pissy--I know! I'm such a dork!

Eric--Well in the interests of full disclosure, why don't you tell everyone what the wet naps were REALLY for???

Dixie--Yes! Squished pennies! We shall embark upon a quest!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.