My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

March of Dimes!

Carrie: What do you do? Straight.
Bandit: I just go from place to place...and do what I do best.
Carrie: What's that?
Bandit: Show off.

Gainesville held its annual March of Dimes WalkAmerica yesterday. Mrs. Fab's company has manned a spirit booth for the last several years. It's a natural fit, since they are the largest OB-GYN practice in town. This year the theme of their booth was The Wild West.


Instead of "Little Foot Saloon" Mrs. Fab lobbied to name it "The Rusty Speculum" but was outvoted. See? I'm not the only one in the family with a twisted sense of humor.

The Gainesville WalkAmerica consistently raises the most money nationwide for a city our size. We are fortunate to live in such a giving community.

Usually I just go in the morning and stay long enough to help them get it all set up. But they needed a cowboy this year. So Mrs. Fab made most of the outfit, I went and bought a real cowboy hat, and *poof* I was a sheriff straight out of the old west.

Um...no. No pictures of me. I didn't like how any of them turned out.

Anyway, where was I when the crush of people came? Right up front of course, signing people's cards, screaming, giving shout-outs, kidding around, finding something to say to everyone whose card I signed. Making a fool of myself, basically.

Showing off.

I wanted to make everyone feel good about what they were doing, and conveying our thanks for them coming out and walking for healthier babies. Plus, there is a competition for the best booth, and they've won it the last few years, and we wanted to win it again.

We'll see. We won't know for a while.

I managed to snap a couple of pictures before I had to get in character and get ready for the mass of humanity:






As always, I am awed by my complete lack of picture-taking talent. It's really quite astounding.

I was going to put clever, sarcastic captions on all the photos, but you know what? It's Sunday, I'm feeling very mellow, and it's an important cause. So no sarcasm today.

Next year's theme: maybe science fiction. We're hoping.

16 Comments:

Blogger Belle said...

LOL! I like your wife and the name she chose.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I think the pictures are great! And the booth is adorable -- they did a great job!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

The pics are not bad at all! I Loved looking at them.
Sounds like a fun time:)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Wonderful pictures from a wonderful event.
You ROCK Mr. Fab.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Belle--Oh yeah, you and her would definately hit it off!

Amber--They gear up for it all year :)

Sandi--Oh, the pics suck, but you are very kind LOL

Lori--Not me, the Mrs. and her team ROCK :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I love the name Mrs. Fab chose! *LOL*

that would've been great!

The pics are great and the booth and costumes are too~y'all should win!

11:24 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Great picts, Mr. Fab. And btw, that's why you have PHOTOTSHOP! To change the ones that didn't turn out that well (yours "showing off"!).

Sounds like you had a great time, though. Rusty speculum outvoted???!! What do they know about humour!?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

The Rusty Speculum! I love it. They should have gone with that.

Looks like you all had fun!

If it makes you feel any better, my mom takes worse pictures. She has a bad habit of cutting everyones heads off or sticking her finger in front of the lens. It's pretty bad. Even the pictures she took on my wedding day are of a bunch of headless bodies.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

It seems like the name Rusty Speculum is a winner.

Now THAT'S a good name for a blog!

4:28 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Okay, which one of those babes was my competition? Bring it on. I have to know! *LOL*

I LOVE the Rusty Speculum. LOVE IT. I love her mind, Mr. Fab! No wonder you adore the honey!

Other possibilities?

The Wet Placenta.
Afterbirth After Dark
The Push Push Saloon


Or, you could open a fish fry and call it "The Sea Section".

Just sayin'.

CP.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous dreamwalker said...

*chuckle* I like MrsFab's sense of humour. I loved the pictures...and the costumes.
SciFi would be a good theme, there is a lot you can do with that!! (SciFi fan here)
:)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Wanted Healthy Babies?
What are they going to do with all the healthy babies they collect?

Looks like you had good weather for it.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CP--Oh Lord, mental note: Keep CP and Mrs. Fab apart. They must not merge their twisted minds LOL

Dreamwalker--I agree, Sci Fi would be sweet!

Barbara--Put them up on eBay, fo course!

7:54 PM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Wonderful pics for a wonderful cause.
Mrs. Fab and her crew did an AWESOME job!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Plunky said...

Her name was much better for the booth. Good luck, hope you win!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Great pictures, Mr. Fab! :)

And yes, Mrs. Fab picked a very good name! :)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.