My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Time for a nap.

I only ended up sleeping for about two hours last night. I woke up around midnight, figured "what the fuck", packed, checked out, and headed south. As I rolled into my driveway around 5:15 AM I calculated that I had gotten about 6 hours and 45 minutes sleep in the previous 48 hours, on top of how lousy I sleep anyway.

That's not enough sleep.

Here's how to tell that you are too tired to be driving down the interstate in the wee hours of the morning: when periodically white ghostly human figures rise up out of the broken white lines.

I kid you not.

And it didn't really bother me all that much. As if it were the most natural thing in the world to be motoring down some ghost highway of the damned.

I grabbed another couple hours when I got in, and now we've come back from running errands and Mrs. Fab is ordering me to take a nap. Several times she has referred to me today as "punchy" and "weird". I don't know what is so special about today. I assumed it was a sliding scale. But in any event, she has decreed it, and so it must come to pass.

The last straw may have been when, as she pulled into the airport to pick me up after I dropped off my rental car, I stepped in front of her car, slammed down onto the hood, and pretended that she had hit me. I was trying to get the attention of the two cops down the lane, but they paid no attention.

My wrist still hurts.

See how much fun it is being married to me?

I really liked the rental car I had, it was one of those new Chevrolet HHRs. I might look into getting one, I really liked it.

My post tomorrow is going to be about my job. While we were hanging out yesterday (and I can't remember how it actually came up) someone was asking me about my job. And someone else mocked me, saying that if my job was really important to me I would have explained more about it in my blog, so these questions wouldn't come up. It might have been Anna, with the mockage. It's always the quiet ones.

Anyway, that's what I'm gonna talk about tomorrow. Tonight I am going to watch the Oscars and catch up on reading through my blogroll. And I think I have some more I am going to add. I have got to learn to set limits.

We just got back from the grocery store. As we were leaving, I gave a dollar to the guy collecting for the Knights of Columbus to help retarded citizens. Then I started to talk to Mrs. Fab about the organization. She eventually pointed out that in my opining I was confusing the K of C with KFC.

Naptime.

13 Comments:

Blogger Serra said...

You're a silly, silly man. I like that in a person :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Naptime...Can I have naptime too?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Trinette said...

You should get some sleep...I insist.

Although you are pretty funny when you're punchy.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

How was the nap?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

My dad was the owner of KFC. In fact, he was the Colonel. OH wait! No ~ he was a MEMBER of the K of C. God, I need a nap. ;-)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You gotta love it when the wife encourages a nap....lol

11:23 PM  
Blogger Junebugg said...

Hello from one Southerner to another. Came by from Lady K's.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I already know exactly how much fun it is being married to you, thanks.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Serra--I am sure you would find it irritating after a while! LOL

Fantastigirl--I recommend it!

Trinette--Sleep and I are not well aquainted.

Pissy--The nap didn't take. :(

Lady K--Thanks, now I don't feel so bad!

Mike--If I don't straighten up soon, she'll be encouraging me to take a DIRT nap..

June--Welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

Belinda--Wait till I come for a visit--they'll be TWO of us!

12:18 PM  
Blogger zhadi said...

I used to drive up to L.A. from San Diego every weekend to see my then-boyfriend, sometimes not getting home till 2am Monday morning. Had to be at work at 7:00. One time on the way home from work the freeway turned into the desert and I saw a roadrunner alongside the car. Luckily I was NOT driving.

Hey, when are you gonna sign up with Bloglet so people like me can subscribe and get your blog updates?!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I'm glad you reminded me. I signed up once, but people kept telling me that it wasn't working, and I could never figure out what was wrong.

I will sign up again...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Also, Bloglines, please. All the things I was complaining about to you that they don't do? Turns out they've updated, and they do do. HAHAHA! I said, "do do." I NEED SLEEP!!!!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

"Do Do" That IS funny!!!!!!!!

Oh God, we need help...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.