My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Odds and ends...

Thanks to everyone who commented or emailed me about the ITalk2Much review. I am not going to change the name of the blog, so don't worry. I am just going to have to live with the fact that the .com domain name isn't available. I am going to eventually get a new look though, and thank you to those of you who recommended some designers to check out.

Actually, that concept that I had in mind that I wanted? I might already be changing my mind about it.

Sigh...I pity the designer I pick. They are certainly going to earn their money.

I've moved some folks around on my double super secret blogroll. I think I am about getting to the limit. At some point I won't be able to put someone on unless I take someone off. On the other hand, I guess it can be as long as I want. Hmm...I'm a little indecisive today. Someone please make up my mind for me!

A couple of you had mentioned that you were not getting the emails from Bloglet when my site updated. I have once again gone in and fixed it, but if it screws up again I think I'm just going to take it off again. For some reason it will work for a day or two, and then go down again. I don't think I'm smart enough to figure out what's wrong. But if you like, let me know, and I will copy each post down on parchment and send them out to subscribers by carrier pigeon.

Reminder: when the carrier pigeon gets there, the smarter people recognize that as a tipping situation.

Orgy news: We can't get lemurs. Apparently lemurs are heavily organized (who knew?) and I cannot afford their price, which they assure me is union scale, but I think is highway robbery, and I refuse to pay it. So we're going to have to make do with squirrels and opposums (extra credit to me for not going with the easy beaver joke).

And to make matters worse, instead of shipping me 10W-40 motor oil, they shipped a case of WD-40 lubricant. I mean, it'll get the job done, and none of us will squeak, but it lacks the viscosity of the 10W-40.

True confessions: I'm not sure I used the word "viscosity" correctly.

Why, oh why, won't Blogger allow me upload photos this morning?

Fab out.

20 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Squeakless squirrel fun YEAH!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Blogger is being such a baby lately...
UGH!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Blogger hates me when it comes to posting pics. I just noticed I was listed under fried chicken....probably safer than under a well greased chicken I would surmise though.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Trinette said...

Ah, ha! I'm NOT the only one.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lori--I KNEW you would be into it!

Sherry and Trinette--Indeed. It is VERY vexing!

Mike--Don't knock it until you've tried it, my friend! It's a wild ride!

10:40 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

At least I'm not alone with the blogger problem.

I suggest you just buy a male and a female lemur. I hear they reproduce quickly. In no time you'll have enough for your orgy. ;-) Until then, you might have to stick to the squirrels.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Just to make it really interesting, throw in a skunk at a random time.

Viscosity seems to be used correctly to me, but what the hell do I know? I'm much to lazy to look it up.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Serra said...

Get a photobucket account for those times you want to flip Blogger the bird and post your pics anyhow.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous dreamwalker said...

"The condition or property of being viscous."
Sounds right to me :D

Oh, and I'll take an opossum - that prehensile tail does it for me!! *Oh, yeah baby*

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I am glad I am not the only ones with blogger problems lately. I have come up with a new and very colorful language yelling at the screen.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CanadianSwiss--I'm not sure my subdivision is zoned for lemurs...

Nobody--A skunk? Weirdo.

Serra--Nuts, I have one, and it never occured to me. Duh!

Dreamwalker--I'll save you one!

Mimi--Any words I might want to know? :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I have so much catching up to do! I didn't know you were even contemplating such a thing... tsk, tsk, I'm a bad blog friend. Sorry! But on the upside - this morning, I posted about you. :)


And you send emails when your blog is updated?? Au contraire mon frere - none have reached me.

Happy Sunday! :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Blogger was driving me mental today with the random "NO! You cannot post images now!" fit it was throwing. I was moments from attacking my monitor with a kitchen knife when Blogger finally gave in and let me post a pic. Arrgh.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I too was having problems posting pics as late(early) as 2am. I gave up, succumbing to sleep.
...After several tries this afternoon, around 3pm Blogger finally accepted my pics.
...I was doing a George Dubya bashing post and I really need the pics. Alls well that ends well.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

Thanks for dropping by!!

Nice diggs!

XXOO,
JTL

10:25 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

I can live with the WD40 but I have a theological problem with the squirrel aspect though.

I know a guy who knows a guy that may be able to talk some sense into the lemurs... let me give that a shot.

If that doesn't work, I'll keep an eye out for a ship carrying the furry little guys and pirate it. lol

11:41 PM  
Blogger Clo said...

What! No lemurs? Noooooooooooo!

After what I found about lemurs, I will never participate to an orgy without lemurs!

Because of you Mr. Fab, I'm now lemurfetishist. Before, I was moosefetishist...

12:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Rebecca--I saw the post, thanks for the kind words!

Karla--So that's all it takes? Threats with a kitchen knife? Heck, whatever works...

Hale--I am sure the government is involved. Conspiracy!

JTL--Same to you! :)

Billy--I figured you had the connections to the good stuff!

Clo--Welcome to the club, my friend...

5:36 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

WHAT NO RACOONS!!!!!!!!
Sending images by blogger was imposible for all the week-end till Sunday... I sent a few with Picasa, but it ultimately failed too... Shit happens!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Mr. Fab--3 smacks is awesome!!! I know I'm late in the game, but I'd like to make a few suggestions anyway.

Bloglet doesn't work. When I used it I got too many spam subscribers. When I tried to contact them, no one ever got back to me. NotifyList.com is better. The upside--subscribers are sent a "confirm subscription" e-mail so you don't get fake subsribers. The downside--it's up to you to send the notification e-mail yourself.

I started using Blogger, switched to TypePad, and now use WordPress, which is by far the best of the 3. Domain names are cheap, and my Web host is $4/mo--no contract required. If you want to use pointlessdrivel in your URL, try .net or .us and see if those are available.

I just hired Weblog Design Studios to create a custom template for me, but since it isn't finished yet, I can't tell you how I like them!

No matter what you do, good luck, and have fun!!! And if you have any questions send me an e-mail. :)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.