My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Too few hours, too undisciplined...

The above picture is a collection of software that I have yet to begun how to learn to use. Plus I forgot to include Corel Draw in the photo. That HTML book I've had for the better part of two months and haven't cracked it open yet.

My blogroll gets bigger and bigger. I used to be able to read and comment on everyone every day. Now it takes a two or three day cycle. And I don't add people just to add them. I add them because I like them.

I have it in my head that I want to try my hand at writing a screenplay. I've got a book, and a friend recommended some software. Oh good, more software to learn.

Baseball season is right around the corner, which means not only real baseball but the four fantasy teams I'm managing.

Plus, add in BlogExplosion, BlogShares, and any of a dozen other silly distractions I engage in and from a time management issue the answer is clear:

I have to quit my job.

What other choice do I have? It's either that or stop sleeping again. And I have kind of gotten used to sleeping the last few weeks.

I've already gotten rid of my gaming consoles. I don't play MMORPGs or other computer games anymore. We have a lawn service do the yard and a maid service do the house. I don't have kids to worry about, and the rabbits are very low maintenance. And still I don't have time to pursue all my projects.

I know, I know. I'm being whiny about what probably seems like nothing to a lot of people. I'm sure a lot of people would want the amount of free time I have. I guess as far as problems go, mine is pretty far down the list, far lower than pestilence and plague, and just ahead of the morning newspaper getting a little soggy in the rain because the stupid paper carrier didn't take the time to double bag it even though the forcast so obviously called for rain, so what the hell was he thinking, he better not try to hit me up for a tip at Christmas if he isn't going to take the time...urp.

Focus.

24 Comments:

Blogger Trinette said...

Sure hope Mrs. Fab brings in enough money to support your ass...and your software habit. :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said...

Ha ha ... if all those pop up ads that gauranteed millions of dollars income from blogging we could ALL give up the day job!!!!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Trinette--If not, can I move in with you guys?

Pamela--Hmm...millions of dollars you say...

7:10 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Ha! I've said that before too (I have to quit my job.), but I can't afford not to work... At least to keep our standard of living :-)

You mean you haven't started to learn Photoshop yet???

7:20 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

wooooooooo Photoshop elements 4.0... Took me 6 months to learn all of Elements 2.0.... You should stop being an obsessive procrastinator... :)))))))

7:44 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I have photoshop elements, too. I STILL dotn know how to use it as much as I should...lol I jsut get my daughter to do stuff for me....she likes doing that :) I'm jsut too "busy" to get to it...lol

8:14 AM  
Blogger Jozee said...

Blogging, the latest addiction. I had about 10 ,trimmed it to five and even with a new laptop it's
hard to keep up. But I love it!!!!

I'm a sick woman I know.

Keeps me off the streets anyway.

Though with my new Vaio I could blog wireless downtown at the coffee shop. Hmmmmmmmmm.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CanadianSwiss--Not yet. But it's on my list, I swear!

MP--But that's one of the few things I do well!

Chelle--Well, can she help me out, too? LOL

Jozee--10? 5? I can barely handle 1!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I'm with you Mr. Fab.
I don't have time to have a life away from the computer.
Sad, isn't it?!?!
Photoshop is great.
I hope you learn it so you can teach me.
I am lost when it comes to it.
Hubby bought me a book with pictures so I could learn it quick, without reading. hehehehe
Now, I can't find the book.
I think I left it in Vegas over New Years...

And as long as you stop by my blog daily, the others can wait 2 or 3 days in between.
;)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah, having to sleep sucks.

I could get SO MUCH more crap done if I didn't need that 5 hours of shut eye every single night!

;)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I quit working and expected to learn all sorts of new computer stuff.

Have I?

No.

But I'm still glad I quit!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Trinette said...

Oh, sure. We f'ing made of money around here.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

Use an RSS reader (Sage plugs into Firefox and I love it.) for the blog keeping-up thing.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Sherry--I will ALWAYS be there for you LOL

Trinette--Well, I'd earn my keep! Don't you have some hogs that need slopping or cows that need tipping?

Serra--You are speaking Greek to me, my friend...

Stacy--I KNOW! It's quite vexing!

Pissy--Well, when you DO learn some stuff, teach me!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Trinette said...

Excuse me? You've obviously mistaking me for someone who lives in *gasp* Kansas.

But, yeah, you could earn your keep. Mop the floors, Fabarella. Make the beds, Fabarella.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Life sucks.
Eat Sushi.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

OMG--I totally know what you mean. I read so many blogs and can't possibly visit all of them and comment every day. Some days I visit but don't comment. And I feel guilty!!! But...if you haven't anything to say?

However, I'm not ready to give up Neopets or the Xbox yet. lol

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Trinette--OK, good. Now I have a Plan B.

Spider Walk--Words to live by!

Barb--Yeah, it was hard to let the old XBox go LOL

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Kentucky Girl said...

MMm...totally with you on this. I have so many things that I want to do...that I get overwhelmed and do nothing but sit here and comment on blogs. Ladiblogida. :D G'luck with your endeavors!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Clo said...

Yep! You're damn right! I think we are all bloggeroolic! Soon there will be associations of Blogger Anonymous. They will do a special Blog to explain how to get rid of Blogging... one day at a time, oh God!

Hey! When was the last day I did not open my PC and went on Blogger?

But let's take it the other way. Why not say: A Blogger a day keeps the doctor away...

Ok, I have to go to bed, it's 1h17 past midnight...

1:18 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Kentucky Girl--Yep, it's kind of a paralysis...

Clo-Have you not been taking all your meds again? I better talk to your sister...

6:15 AM  
Blogger cherish said...

You have quite the collection! I think Mrs. Fabulous may have something to say about you quitting your job! If we could only get paid to blog!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Clo said...

Ok. So, for the last time:

I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE PILLS TO BE LIKE THAT! IT IS NATURAL MY DEAR! I WAS BORN LIKE THAT!

Did I ever told you about my spiritual guide? He's old, Chinese, and always laughing when he looks at me...

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jozee said...

Writing down here so anonymous doesn't notice. I have a blog called blogger's anonymous @ totally addicted. blogspot.

It's currently in draft but if anyone wants to join this as a team blog email me.

;-) Jozee

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.