My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

We were just passing through...

I saw this story on the web the other day:

LAURENS, S.C. - A former fifth-grade teacher accused of having sex with her 11-year-old student was ordered held on $100,000 bond Saturday.

Prosecutors had wanted Wendie A. Schweikert, 36, jailed without bond, saying she was a danger to the community and a flight risk.

Schweikert was arrested Friday on two counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor after the boy's mother accused the teacher of having sex with him at school at least twice, authorities said.

Nice, huh? With an 11 year old. Jesus.

Am I shocked? You bet. Am I surprised? Nope. Why am I not surprised? We used to live in Laurens, prior to moving to Florida.

Here's another shocking thing about Laurens.

Apparently, anything goes in Laurens. It's like Thunderdome. No rules.

We were happy to leave. We won't be going back to visit.

9 Comments:

Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

*boggle*

*boggle boggle boggle*

I can see how you wouldn't miss it!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Yeah...it was...interesting.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Holy CWAP!!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger kari said...

That's just sick. What satisfaction can a woman get from a CHILD!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Belinda and Kari--I know! How freaky is all that!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Clo said...

Hee, hee, hee!
Sorry, but I can't help it, I think it's funny! *sigh* Bad Girl!

Seriously, I think it's weird and, well, 11 years old is extremely young! But I think she's just like the man who do the same, just looking for juvenile innocence that she can control.

And I know many guys who had a relation with an older women when they were 14 to 16. I don't say it's good, normal or anything else. I just say that it happens, and it's not so uncommon.

And, yes, 11 is very, very young. Looks strange to me. And no, I never had a sexual relation with a minor.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Clo--Methinks you doth protest too much. Time for true confessions!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Clo said...

No, no, no, I swear!
I admit I had occasions... but I never did... Hey, I'm a gooooooood girl! Go here and you'll see!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh Mr Fab I can one up you on this one....I live in the same small town where that teacher lives! Thank goodness she taught in another district, although my son is 16 and probably too old for her. I am sorry but that is just sick!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.