My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, April 07, 2006

TGIF

Happy Friday!

Eric called me up yesterday afternoon with a pithy observation. He said that most of my blogging lately has been about blogging. I guess he's right about that. Between the search for the new look and this contest, I guess I have been overly preoccupied with blogging in general.

I hate it when Eric is perceptive. It happens so infrequently that it throws off my equilibrium.

But I'm gonna keep doing it for a little while, because...

Remember the new concept that I thought was a done deal? Mmmm...yeah, not so much. Too hard to work with. Luckily I came up with another idea that I like right away. But now I'm thinking...

Yeah, I know. People are tired of me whining about this. OK, I think I can stop.

I was going to post my acceptance speech this morning, but I guess the results won't be official until later today. It's been fun, but I'm glad the campaign is over. It has been a long, grueling race...

I have a question. Which would you prefer: a job where you make really good money and benefits, but your work is not respected, or a job where your compensation is less but your contributions are acknowledged and appreciated?

Try not to read too much into that. I'm just curious.

Also, I am thinking of getting a new avatar. No, it's not going to be a lemur. But if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears (not literally, that would be freaky). Maybe just a picture of myself? Or maybe a picture of Gene Rayburn. I always liked Match Game.

Or Wink Martindale. I wonder whatever happened to him?

I want everyone out there to make it a good weekend. Do something you've always wanted to do. Put a hand in the lion cage at the zoo. Knock over a liquor store. Taunt some crack dealers. Try to be the subject of a high speed pursuit. Contract a sexually transmitted disease. Get up on the roof and see if you can fly. Mix and match those medications willy-nilly. Go out and retrieve the morning paper naked. Go a whole day speaking only in Klingon. Discover what the largest household object is that you can fit up your ass. Don't just run with scissors--breakdance with them. Have unprotected sex with a beloved family pet.

Live people, live!

Let's all sing some Loverboy together, people!

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go!

Fab out.

17 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I think the picture says it all for the weekend GET LUCKY now that is a great weekend.

6:33 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

I'M SO LOLLING! Don't change your avatar...but a lemur would be nice. Not as nice as a racoon thouhg! KAPLAH! :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jozee said...

Jeez, I've got kids. I'm supposed to be a role model. I try to keep all those activities secret!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Woooo...nice ass! ;)

Oh...damn...now I forgot what I was going to say....

9:20 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm back! :)

As far as the job? I don't care, as long as I make enough money to retire by the time I'm 40...and can buy that villa on the beach in Costa Rica.


And I think, if you're changing avatars and it's got to be a game show host...go with Chuck Woolery. He's still kinda hot...;)

Oh and just thought I'd mention that I already KNOW my weekend will be good. The very first word verification I had this morning on my very first blog comment was:
FUXSPA

Cool...;)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lori--A great sentiment, indeed!

MP--Racoons ARE a little sexier :)

Jozee--Oh, come on, let it all hang out. You can't protect them forever!

Stacy--Looks the weekend can't come too soon for you! LOL

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Ficklechick said...

I still have that Loverboy album.

Damn, I'm old!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ex-Addict said...

That Loverboy pic cracks me up. Especially after seeing Mike Reno on that "Hit Me Baby One More Time" show last year. My how the man has fallen. But as for you, it's in the bag!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Maidink said...

Wink Martindale? His smile was a rectangle. That always freaked me out.

BOB site is gone. What did you do? Was it pulled? Did it overload?

No clue on the avatar. Good luck.

1:54 PM  
Blogger CP said...

I love when you get into rant mode, Fab. When you stop making sense...it's the best thing in the whole blogging world. I think I will attempt at least 5 things on that list this weekend.

I already have done two of them.

Which two, I won't say. Moo ha ha.

CP.

2:25 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Don't you think Gene Rayburn looks like he'd make a great vampire?

I do.

3:01 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Don't you think Gene Rayburn looks like he'd make a great vampire?

I do.

3:02 PM  
Blogger sari said...

apparently that posted twice, sorry!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Ficklechick--You and me both, girlfriend!

Ex--Yes, his career is not what it once was...

Maidink--I am launching a full investigation!

CP-Be honest girl, you do at least 5 of those EVERY weekend!

Sari--Especially now that he's dead!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I went through a phase where I ran home from school so I could watch Match Game. So pathetic.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Dixie--Then I'm pathetic too, because I did the same thing...

9:17 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Definitely, a job where your compensation is less but your contributions are acknowledged and appreciated? I need appreciation!

Uhh I always go out naked to get my morning paper. Doesn't everybody?? :-)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.