My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm a landlord!

I'm glad I got the house cleaned up in time to rent out a room. This is the very first time I am taking part in Blog Explosion's "Reny My Blog" program. Basically, what I am going to try to do every week is to point you toward a blog that I feel is worthy of your attention. You can trust me that I'm not going to be renting to anyone that I don't think is worth your time.

You may look at my blogroll and think "Holy crap, this guy will put anyone on there." And with 105 blogs listed (plus another 25 in a favorites folder) I can see where you might think that. But trust me, I am not easily impressed. The length of my blogroll is merely a reflection of how many blogs I view in my travels. I look at a lot of blogs. I spend a lot of time online. I have zero life.

Anyway, this week I bring you Cat from Living with Multiple Personalities. Cat has been on my blogroll for quite while, so I am very familiar with her.

I am facinated with Cat's blog. She writes about her history with MPD very frankly and openly. I'm one of those people who has always imagined myself to have mental health issues. For a long time I had self diagnosed myself as a sociopath, and then more recently I had self diagnosed myself as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Damn it, there must be something wrong with me LOL.

But Cat's the real deal, and she's funny and entertaining. She is also a pen kleptomaniac, and has a contest up where you can win a really cool Six Feet Under pen. She is also a wife and mother of two, and is a whiz at computers. And most importantly, on the header of her blog, if you look really closely, you can catch a glimpse of her underwear...

She's also a Hypnotherapist and a devotee of Lucky Charms cereal. She's a published poet and photographer. She is an honest to God, twenty-first century Renaissance woman!

So go ahead and click on the thumbmail on my sidebar. I don't want her to get mad at me. I am certain that she has powers far beyond those of mere mortals. She must!

It is very exciting to be able to bring your attention to a fabulous blog that you may not be aware of. However, the flip side of the "Rent My Blog", the part I know I am going to hate, is having to turn down all the other bidders. And what made it especially tough for me in turning down the five other bidders I had is that I know and like all of them. All five are either already on my blogroll or are fixing to be added soon.

They are all worth a gander, trust me:

Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta. Matt is an intelligent, adventurous, rugged outdoorsman. In short, he is everything I am not.

Tricia's Musings. I bragged about Tricia yesterday. She is one of my favorite bloggers ever. And now the rumor is she has two more blogs on the way, for a total of five. My mind is officially boggled...

Tiny Voices In My Head. Dawn aka Webmiztris is an intelligent, adventurous, rugged...no wait.
She is a web designer and an office manager, and yet has no concept of what a volume knob is on her computer. Very odd...

The Fifth Column. Schadenfreude...isn't that the coolest blogger name ever? The only problem with this blog is the name of it reminds me of a group of villians in City of Heroes which gets me thinking about the MMORPGs I used to play, which starts my leg twitching.

Angels and Demons. French Canadian Lady is a Red Sox fan. There is no higher life form on this planet. She lives up in Western Massachusetts, which is where I hail from originally. She is, as the kids say, da bomb. Do the kids still say that?

It was hard to have to click "deny" next to these guys. It hurt me. It hurt me way down deep inside, where I'm soft like a woman.

So if you've got a minute, click them on and give them a look.

But click on Cat first. She's the one paying me room and board! If you don't you will have to listen to me whine like a...like a...well, like something that whines. Like a whiny...whine-thing.

Yep. I majored in English.

37 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Ahem. We already knew you were soft like a woman from the whole Manspa thing. And the tanning...

And you can't really have zero life, as you just had a huge (and from the sounds of it, wildly successful) party. You must, therefore, just be living off zero sleep. Not the same thing at all.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

totally agree with Erin!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Erin--You are right. Sleep has been in short supply lately.

And the spa thing was a one time deal!

Lorraine--Oh sure, take her side!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Well done for being such a generous blogger!

5:46 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

well alrighty. I have some new blogs to stalk....

6:32 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Have you seen my blogrolls? Dear God. Sometimes it creates such guilt. But, if I only sleep 2 hours a night, I can hit them all. ;) I usually skip the icons. But not you. I consider you a favorite, even though you are an icon. ;)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

I love the way you are pimping everyone out like that!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous 3rdtimesacharm( 3T ) said...

I'll be sure to check out your renter Mr. Fab! It's a fun program. I can completely relate on the having to turn others down. I don't like "rejecting" anyone. So I rent out only when I feel extra confident that I can handle the deny button. (That concept is just wrong)

I also, agree with Lorraine, who agrees with erin. She has you figured out. ;-)

3T

8:54 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

dammit, admit it, your desktop computer doesn't have a volume wheel either! :D

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ol' Lady said...

Hi, nice site. I signed your guestbook, if you have a moment could you stop by and sign mine? I found you via blogmad and have voted for your site. Keep up the good work of 'pimping' other sites.

10:49 AM  
Blogger peebugg said...

I agree with Pud....

PIMP DADDY

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cat has a great blog as well as most of the others you turned down with the exception of one in my opinion (who likes to run around and post anonymous chickenshit comments on various blogs) who will remain nameless because there's no sense in a flaming war.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

Hey, hey! Welcome to the landlord club. I'll definitely check Cat out, thanks for the review. One of these days I'll have to start posting about all the disorders I possess. Hell, I should just list 25% of the DSM-IV. I'm a mess.

11:02 AM  
Blogger CrankyProf said...

"Cry HAVOC! And unleash the whiiiiiiine of Mr. Fabulous!"

Great blogs!

12:43 PM  
Blogger michele said...

Hey am i not worthy of your
blogroll, It's my crappy
template isn't it?LOL

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Apparently I missed out on renting from the original blog battle whore. Damn!!

PS. Don't tell anyone but I did miss you this weekend, WHORE!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Tracy...full of such love for me and my Whoreness...how could you not love her?

Thanks Mr. Fab for living up to your fabulous name and reputation (well, just part of that is fabulous but I won't go there ;))

Many ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥'s!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Sheila--Thanks and thnaks for popping over :)

Katt--U betcha, get cracking! LOL

Shelli--Yes, you have quite a long blogroll as well. An icon? I don't know about that...

3T--Yeah, that deny button is harsh. They need to call it something else!

Pud--Dat's me, baby!

Webmiztris--I am going to have to refuse to answer that LOL

PeeBugg--I need a cool pimp name...

Mike--Right on. Nothing but love here on Pointless Drivel :)

Ol'Lady--Cool, thanks, I'll do it! :)

Karl--But such a cool beautiful mess you are!

CP--Sweet, one of my favorite Big Willie quotes!

Michele--You're not on it? Let me check...

Tracy--The Battle Whore returns! Welcome back! :)

Cat--You are correct to allude to the fact that the fabulousness only extends so far...

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Bite me, Cat! He's the whore, you're the bitch! :) remember??

Glad to be back, Mr. Fab!! 4 days no computer makes for a cranky me! :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you the last time I was here voting... (whore)... I am not clicking on your tenant link cause she pees in corners! :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

A minute. I think a day would probably give me enough time to read your recommended list. :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger ablondeblogger said...

Perfect choice! Cat is awesome!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

lol soft likea woman who WHINES

2:50 PM  
Blogger Plunky said...

Dawn isn't rugged and outdoorsy?? who says? Oh Dawn says? Ok.

I loves me some Cat, excellent choice, Mr Fab

3:22 PM  
Blogger Detroiter said...

You are a wonderful resource, Mr. Fab. The asolute Dr. Seuss of the blogging world.

3:34 PM  
Blogger SugarMama said...

You made a great choice for a tenant. Cat is pretty awesome.

Love your blog!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You're not going to be one of those landlords that neglects things like the plumbing, are you? Tenents need regular plumbing checks!

5:11 PM  
Blogger SupComTabz said...

I LOVE cat... :)

oh and Mr. Fab.. check out the comment challenge on my blog. :D

5:33 PM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

Can't wait to check out Cat's site. Don't we ALL have a little something wrong with us? It's so cool when people are open and candid about it! Makes them a little more sane than those trying to pretend otherwise!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Tracy--If you girls are going to have a catfight, I would like to sell the television rights :)

Suze--I'd like to spend some time going through YOUR recommended list :)

Deb and ABB--She's the cat's meow :)

Bluepaintred--If you say so, nip :)

Detroiter--Hey, that's a nice thing to say, thanks!

Sugarmama--Thanks, my friend!

Dixie--I'm not sure if Cat wants me checking out her plumbing :)

Tabz--I will check it out now...

Tenacious T--Exaclty! None of us is "normal" LOL

6:45 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

have enjoyed other sites today, yet miss your humor....

7:52 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I may pee in corners but I have knowledge of where Mr. Fab pees and it's not pretty...k? (can you say blackmail?)

Be nice to me! I was just marking my territory.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

You, sir, are a WHORE!! OMG! I need a table for two, btw, so you can sit with me! :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hurt you where you're soft like a woman? hehehe And just where is that spot?? I'll need photographic evidence please ;)

I agree Mr. P. Fab,
Apparently, it IS hard out here for a pimp!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Pandora said...

I will still post pics of your lovely lemurs for you....

11:27 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

"I'm one of those people who has always imagined myself to have mental health issues."

Funny, that's how I always imagined you, too!

With the love, you know, the LOVE.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Katt--If by "humor" you mean "mentally challenged ramblings"...

Cat--BAD tenant! Bad tenant! LOL

Tracy--I don't eat with WHORES! OK, maybe this once...

Kayla--Gosh thanks, I'll have that song in my head all day now... LOL

Frenchy--And that is why you hold a special place in my heart :)

Belinda--Oh, I'm feeling the love! LOL

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.