My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mandy's got my back...

I am jammed, slammed, and flim-flammed for the next few days with the manager's meetings and other work, plus today will be a late night because of Karaoke. I will not be able to do much visiting until Friday, but I promise I will catch up over the weekend.

When I got out of the meeting last night, Mandy has surprise me by emailing me a guest post. So without further ado:

Since I know Mr. Fabulous is swamped with management meeting stuff, I have decided to help him out in the only way I can. I shall relieve him from the tedious task of having to come up with an endlessly entertaining blog post, at least for one day anyway. So, here you have it…

Another Guest Blog from Co-worker Amanda

Do any of you bloggers out there ever think up something in your head so clever it makes you giggle out loud? I say you bloggers, not including myself in that because I am not a blogger.

Anyway, I came up with a new saying that made me made me laugh hysterically in my head. Oh, I am SO original. So, here it goes,

“Put that in your blog and post it!”

Huh? Huh? Feel free to take that and use it at your leisure. I know – it’s a keeper.

I am really getting a kick out of this whole guest post thing. I think Mr. Fabulous does not capitalize on all of the prime blog fodder that goes on around here. Take right now for example, Jennifer just made a “joke” and is now going around to other employees trying to convince them that it’s funny:

Maura is in the community copy room, making copies (okay, duh, sorry) for about an hour now.

Laura (needing to make a copy): “Oh good, Maura’s taking a break.”

Jennifer: “Good thing she’s taking a break, her arm must be really tired from making all those copies”

Me after taking a moment to get it because it was so not even a joke: “Oh groan, that was so not funny.”

Jennifer: “What? Not funny? Was too.”

Braden: “Yeah, um, no, not funny”

Jennifer runs to the copy room laughing hysterically.

Jennifer: “Maura, Maura, hey is your arm tired from making all those copies?”

Maura: “Huh?”

It was so not funny that it was funny!

Okay, maybe that was not such a good example, but there are some really funny things that go on around here on a daily basis. Here, how about this (this one made me ROFL):

Steven leaves his office for a minute. A lab employee (we’ll call him Bill to protect his anonymity) is passing through the hallway.

Bill: “Laura, is it okay if I go in Steven’s office and borrow his phone for a minute?”

Laura (not wanting to deny anyone needing to make an important call)” “Sure, go ahead.”

[Two minutes later] cut to scene of Bill leaving Steven’s office, phone in hand, cord dragging on the floor behind him.

Laura and I just stared at each other in disbelief, and as soon as Bill was out of earshot, began laughing hysterically. What else could we do? Laura had already said it was okay for him to borrow the phone. From now on, she’ll be sure to clarify whenever anyone asks to “borrow” a phone.

Then there’s some REALLY funny other stuff, but they are primarily inside jokes, so I don’t think you all would find any of it humorous. Like when we were at lunch yesterday…

It was me, Sharra, Jennifer, Mr. Fab and David, who was visiting from out of town. Sharra, Jennifer and I were being particularly silly.

Mr. Fab: “Stop you guys. You’re creeping David out.”

Me (under my breath so only Mr. Fab could hear): “Well, then I guess the feeling is mutual!”

Oh, if I could only tell you “the rest of the story’ then you would see the humor in my response to Mr. Fab. Sorry though, I am really not at liberty. Sharra and Jennifer (and Braden if your reading this) you KNOW what I’m talking about.

Then, there was that one day that Mr. Fab made fun of Braden for being metro, oh no wait, that’s every day. But still, it never gets old. The metro references are always funny.

All in all, it’s a really fun place to work. Well, aside from the fact that people will DIE if we don’t do our jobs. We save lives for a living, you know. It will surely not be as much fun around when Mr. Fab goes. He will be sorely missed. We can only hope that he will enjoy his time in hell. And by hell, I mean the location that he is transferring to – he’s taking another position in the company, he’s not dying you know.

Thanks, Mandy! What a gal, eh? Give her a big hand, ladies and gentlemen!

I promise I will post about the Blues Brothers presentation tomorrow.

And pretty please, if you have not clicked on my renter yet, click on the thumbnail and give her some love. I'd consider it a personal favor. Which would mean, of course, that I would owe you.

Easy now.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

Mandy's a natural at this blogging thing. She's funny...or not. Get it?! Nah, neither did I.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, THAT audio post was neat!!

And so is Mandy!!!

5:34 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

I am SO exited to have been added to your roll!! Hey, does this mean you expect some sort of naughty favor in return? I am sending cyber smoochie and package of nutter butters

8:46 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Mandy, thanks for taking good care of us all. It sounds like a good place to work and I need a job, shame I'm in the UK. :(

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

Yah, Mandy! Great job!
I LOVE office humor. I could start a whole blog dedicated to the crap that goes on around here.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Blair--Actually, I think Mandy would make a great blogger!

Anon--Thanks on both counts!

Katt--I can't eat nutter butters, I'm alergic to peanut butter!

Suze--I'm sure we can find a job for you...

Tenacious T--Ain't it the truth!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

OK, she's funny, and she's cute. I'm looking for a new stalkee, too, so it's all very convenient.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I need a new job, too. All the cool people are leaving me alone with idiots to go on with the rest of their lives. Besides, I hate the hours. I want something where I can work as little as possible for as much pay as I can get and also have fun. Does a job there fit my criteria? Oh yeah, I have to be able to commute from Minnesota.

Mandy, awesome job. You should get your own space. Fab can watch his own back.

Relax Fab, you know I am just kiddin' ya.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Karl--It's a love connection!

Shelli--People actually LIVE in Minnesota? :)

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.