My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, May 19, 2006

My job is a Shakespearean tragedy...

I follow him to serve my turn upon him

There are scurrilous dealings afoot in the corporate office.

I am watching my back. Assassins are everywhere.

I fear Jennifer is plotting against me. Secret meetings are being held, hushed whispers are being uttered, plans are being drawn, schemes are being hatched, and alliances are being formed.

Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous.

Let me just say that I am glad that the date of March 15 is not imminent.

Et tu, Brute?

Mandy is doubtless in on the shenanigans as well. She longs to fill the power vacuum created by my transfer. I surmise that she and Jennifer have forged an unholy bond against me. Of course, they deny everything. But that is to be expected.

Methinks she doth protest too much

And Bradon…where does that metrosexual blackguard figure into mix? Could the trip to Canada to do advance work for the Five Points of Life Ride merely be a cover story, a ruse to deflect attention from his real mission?

And what might that mission be? My sources tell me he is really in Ottawa to secure assurances from the Canadian government that there will be no repercussions or retaliation in the event of my “disappearance”. They know my base of power is strong in our neighbor to the north.

I am a dead man walking.

They fear that I will reconsider my transfer and remain in power. And now that they have a whiff of what life would be like with me gone, they will leave nothing to chance.
They are unwilling to gamble that I will follow through with my unlikely request.

Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have Immortal longings in me

Of course, I could be wrong.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

They could be planning your "GOODBYE" party! Must remain positive!
We Canadians do not allow termination with or without cause. Fear not, we have your butt...I mean, we have your back!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Oh, I expect there will be no GOODBYE party.

Maybe a GOOD RIDDENCE party...

Pick a body part, any body part!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I have a photo of your butt...did you not read my re-butt-al to one of your comments on my photo blog?
ps I took Sentinels as well, ah ah!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Be careful, kind sir. We shall do our best to protect thee.

8:11 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

And you wanted to smother me with a pillow? will gladly return favor. Maybe you should switch to decaf?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lorraine--I can provide you with more butt shots if you want...

Shelli--I knew I could count on you!

Catherine--Didn't you WANT to be smothered with a pillow? :)

9:05 AM  
Anonymous smluke said...

We're all plotting to "transfer" too. :-) I don't want another boss, especially NOT your old one.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

I'm offended by the insinuation that you want me to take the janitor position just so I can vacuum your office when you leave. How degrading.

BTW: Shakespeare is definitely not my forte. Never really understood what the guy was trying to say.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

SMLuke--I will be HAPPY to take you with me!

Mandy--It's women's work, isn't it? :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger peebugg said...

"she and Jennifer have forged an unholy bond against me"

does that mean that they are not gonna let you watch????

9:17 PM  
Blogger marty said...

Yet to say the truth love and reason keep little company together.

Love and insanity do.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.