My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, May 12, 2006

No laugh track needed...

Last week a couple of coworkers of mine, Jennifer and Amanda, did some guest posting for me. This led to several comments about how it seemed we had a lot of fun at work. The other day as I escaped...I mean, drove home from Birmingham I got to thinking about who would play us if our workplace was a sitcom.

I did not cast these parts based on physical similarity. Just on everything else. Although, in truth, several do have a physical similarity.

Mr. Fabulous = Chandler from Friends. He and I both mask our angst and self loathing with wit and sarcasm.

Jennifer = Carrie from King Of Queens. Perfect right down to the Long Island accent. My first choice was Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son, and my second was Maude from Maude. Amanda convinced me that Carrie was the better choice.

Amanda = Bailey Quarters from WKRP. A perfect fit!

Annie = Janice from Head of the Class. This was a tough one. Annie has not been with us long, so I know the least about her. But Amanda and I both thought this was the best choice. It's hard to find a picture of the actress that played her.


Scott = Major Burns from M*A*S*H*. Scott is wrapped a little tight.

Jason = Arnie from Roseanne. Loves beer, sports, and is everybody's buddy.

Laura = Maddie from Moonlighting. My original choice was Diane from Cheers, but Laura is not as neurotic as Diane.

Bradon = Will from Will and Grace. Especially since he once again wore his pink ("it's salmon!") shirt yesterday.

So that would be our little sitcom. I don't know as anyone found this interesting at all. But I got it out of my system, at least.

So would you watch our little TV show?

22 Comments:

Blogger Blogarita said...

First!

We used to play this game at work all the time. They chose Wynona Ryder to play me. That was before the shoplifting incident.

5:29 AM  
Blogger marty said...

I frequently take sitcoms and try to recast them with people in my office. The Munsters and Addams Family work well but being cast as Mr. Ed might ruffle some feathers.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I loved WKRP and Moonlighting.
I would watch.

8:00 AM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

Wow, I would never want to be compared to Carrie from KoQ. She is such a bitch. I've seen Leah Remini (or however you spell it) on Ellen and the like before and she seems like a bitch in real life too.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'd watch!!!

P.S. - Chandler was ALWAYS my favorite Friend! ;)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

An interesting concept and even more interesting line up. I would probably watch to see if there were any cat fights. Lol

8:48 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I always related to Chandler best when I watched Friends.

As for watching, I think I would need to hear what the first episode would be like.

And would this show just be a knock off of The Office.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Maidink said...

I'd TiVo you.

9:06 AM  
Blogger shelligirl said...

Yup. I would.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

No doubt, and I would tell my son, my brothers, my sister, and my neighbour!
Ok and the nice lady who serves me coffee at Tim Horton's 'cause she always gives me coffee from the freshest pot!

10:16 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I would faithfully watch.

12:33 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

I knew it... You and Chandler... Identical... I think would like him better bald though *wink wink*...

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

I'd only watch if you had lemurs in every scene. It could be subtle, like a picture on a wall but you would HAVE to have include them in the show. Oh yeah, and remarks about your penis, too. How could I forget that?!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous webmaster said...

lol! I'd watch it!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Blogarita--I hear different. I hear you are Winona Ryder AFTER the shoplifing incident :)

Marty--And don't even get me started on Cousin It!

Lori--A loyal viewer!

Pixie--I plead the fifth LOL

Stacy--Yeah, he was the coolest :)

Suze--Well, of COURSE there would be catfights LOL

Lynda--Hmmm...maybe, but with more silliness. As if everyone was Jim.

Maidink--Hmm..That'll do!

Shelli--Check your local listings!

Lorraine--They don't have TV in Canada, silly!

Beady--I knew I could count on you!

DutchBitch--Anything for you and your badass wooden shoe self!

Blair Bitch--I don't know who is more obsessed with my johnson, me or you LOL

Webmaster--Then it will be a hit for sure!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Well it would be worth a tune in - with that stellar cast.

10:35 PM  
Blogger KB said...

I'd watch--but I'm addicted to the boob tube anyway.

I'll have to get with a couple of girls from work and see what we come up with for characters in the ED.

Oh. My. God.

That would be a cluster-fuck for sure! *L*

12:39 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

I can watch so long as they don't schedule you opposite "My Name is Earl".

Always had a thing for Bailey Quarters.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I would SO WATCH your sitcom, just to see all of those characters together played by the actors you chose! Too fun!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Hale--I think so to!

KB--Oh, I have no doubt! LOL

Billy--I agree about Earl. And about Bailey :)

Jessica--Tune in early and often! LOL

2:28 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Is Blogger hungry, or what? Either it's eating my comments, or I can't remember where I commented... Alzheimer light?? *sigh*

3:41 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

yeah,I'd watch, but who would I be?

You haven't come to visit for a while so I need to know these things.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.