My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

This post is brought to you by the letter R

This is a meme that has been going around lately. Pixie had done it, and Lynda picked it up from her, and now I've picked it up from Lynda...you know the drill.

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and if you'd like to play, I will give you a letter. (See, it is better than being tagged. You have a choice.) Write ten words beginning with that letter in your blog, including an explanation of why you chose it, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

Lynda gave me the letter R. Fair enough.

Rocky road ice cream. I've never had it, I've never seen it, and I don't understand it. It sounds disgusting. I don't even know what is in it. I never see it anywhere. Does it really exist, or is it an urban legend like Bigfoot or Nessie?

Raccoons. We've got a ton of them around here. We enjoy watching their antics at night. We leave food out for them, just like we do for the squirrels, birds, and opposums. You're not supposed to feed raccoons in Florida. But I'm a rebel, and I'll never, ever be any good.

Rollercoasters. Hate 'em. You couldn't get me on a rollercoaster if you held a gun to my head. I once got on one by mistake and I was never so terrified in my life. It was even more traumatic than the day they came out with New Coke. No way, not this boy. No thank you.

Rain. We've had a little bit of rain lately, but we need more. I prefer it only rain at night. That way it doesn't mess up any blood drives. But it rarely works out that way. A weekend afternoon nap while it is raining: that is one of my simple pleasures. Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head is one of the most insipid songs ever.

Revolvers. When I used to own guns I always had revolvers as opposed to semi-automatics. With my attention span I was always afraid I would forget if there was one in the chamber or not, and I would inevitably one day shoot myself by accident. But also in the back of my mind was the worry that if I ever really needed it one day, it might jam. As if gunfights in my life were a common occurance. What a dork.

Robots. Where are all the robots that are supposed to make our lives easier? Aren't they supposed to be around by now, along with the flying cars and the automatic sidewalks? Why am I still going out and getting the paper myself? Why am I fixing my own breakfast and dressing myself in the morning? It's the 21st century people. Where are the friggin' robots? We were promised robots!

Ringtones. I always purchase a lot of extra ringtones for my company cell phone. I don't want the same ringtones as everyone else. I always make sure I pay acccounting for them. But every time I get a new phone when we upgrade, I have to buy them all over again. Verizon will transfer my contacts but not my ringtones. So I have to shell out another $30-$40 dollars again. Is this normal behavior for a 44 year old man? By they way, ironically, my current ringtone is I'm Too Sexy. Is that normal behavior for a 44 year old man?

Rock Climbing. No fucking way. Ditto bungie jumping, hang gliding, and jumping out of an airplane. I prefer not to expose myself to otherwise avoidable danger. My idea of thrill seeking and risk taking is drinking the milk after the expiration date. Try it. It's exhilirating!

Reading. I love to read. Cereal boxes, shampoo instructions, warning labels, you name it. Actually I love to read books. I usually have at least one in progress. Right now it's Dean Koontz's Life Expectancy. Last week it was Stephen King's Cell. Yeah, I know. I love the classics, what can I say?

Red Sox. My team baby! I'm wearing a Red Sox shirt as I type this. I could write forever about the Red Sox, so I better stop now.

OK, that's 10. That wasn't so hard. If you want a letter, let me know in the comments. But I will warn you right up front: I will not hand out easy ones. No pain, no gain.

Hope one of you plays the Xylophone

36 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

YES, I LOVE # 10

1:47 AM  
Blogger Penguin said...

uh, okay. gimme a letter, then...

2:20 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Sage--Right on!

Penguin--Feeling lucky, eh? I warned you! You get Y.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sure - hit me with a letter. I need something (relatively) easy to blog about, since life is busy right now.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

oh no, I ain't taking photos of a letter, way too much work and I can't write poetry (which is my 2nd not so popular blog which is one of the reason I love is so much) with a letter, it ain't inspiring.
ps I Read a lot too, and the back of cereal boxes when I use to eat cereatls ;)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Erin--My friend, you get K.

Lorraine--I like to read toothpaste tubes too :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger CrankyProf said...

Bring on mah letter!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CP--OK smarty pants...I shall grant you the U.

Heh heh.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

OK, Fab, since you've already given out Y and K and U, I just MIGHT take a letter from you...but please be nice to me (respecting my age and all). You really DO want to know some true things about me, right? Not something that I have to make up! You don't want me calling in sick, in other words! Now, hit me.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Ginnie--Appealing to my softer side, eh? Oh, shucks, why not? I will give you the letter A :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

I am always reading too and wearing my Red Sox shirt.
What the hell give me a letter. FYI I already did the letter T for Sherry.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

"Gimme a (insert letter here)!"

9:59 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Since I've had nothing to blog about lately, I'll play! So, gimme a letter.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I will play give me a real hard letter.
I already played once so no letter S.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I want a letter but please be nice, I dont have the brain cells I used to have :)

I read everything too! It started with cereal boxes now there is no stopping me!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

i wanna play i wanna play


which one is life expectancy? read velocity, i read it last saturday it rocked

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Beady--For you...D

Blogarita--Hmm...you're a clever girl...W

Heather--Here, take an O

Lori--How about B

Mel--Gosh, I'm such a softy...F

Bluepaintred--OK, pigtail girl...H

Life Expectancy is the guy who's grandfather predicts 5 terrible things will happen to him between when he's 20 and 30 yeards old.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Some Girl said...

Ok, i'll play. Be gentle Mr. F...Life hasn't been easy for me these days...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Some Girl--I would think you were working me, but I know it's true. OK...M

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

We need lots of rain.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

and that book just reinforces why people SHOULD be afraid of clowns!

4:18 PM  
Blogger T. said...

A good Red Sox fan you are, Fab. Have you found a way to ban Yankees fans from your blog?

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

Alright Fab, slap me with one.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lori--You are SO right!

Bluepaintred--I agree completely!

T--Not yet, but I don't think any of them do. Maybe they just KNOW...

Blair Bitch--OK, buddy. Take this: J

9:43 PM  
Blogger Lucy's Dilemma said...

Sounds like a blast!! I'll take a letter please Vanna. :)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lucy--Since I like you, I will give you... E

10:10 PM  
Blogger Anne R. Key said...

I think that naming sports teams after socks is really, really stupid. And I hate basketball.

You can give me a letter, if'n ya want.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Anne--You know I love you, but for dissing my boys, you get Q :)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'll take a letter Mr. Fab!! I need a little pick me up.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, I hope you like "Life Expectancy" as much as I did! (Punchinello Beezo!)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

If you run out of letters, I still have 24 left.

I love the list! I like reading everything too. And Rocky Road is delicious if you like marshmallows, nuts and chocolate!

Racoons are so cute!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I'm new here. Well, kind of. I was hoping to appeal to your gentle side. So in the words of a Wheel of Fortune player, I'll take a____, Pat.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

OK Leave, how about a G?

Jessica--So far I like it very much. I'll be reading more of it today!

Lynda--Oh...so that's what is in the ice cream? Mystery solved!

Shelli--How about Z...no, I'm kidding. I will give you... N

7:21 AM  
Blogger zhadi said...

Okay, I'm game. Even though I'm so behind on my posts that it's pathetic. But still...this sounds like fun.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

Please pick me...I'm ever so smart!

Sudiegirl

4:32 PM  
Blogger Country Girl said...

Tag me baby! Read it on http://countrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

Love your blog!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.