My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Vittles

Ice cream. I like ice cream. But I have never understood the unholy combining of ice cream with other treats. Pie a la mode? Disgusting. Root beer float? Appalling. Ice cream and cake? Give me a break. Ice cream by itself is a delight. Ice cream combined with something else just fucks everything up and renders the whole mess inedible.

Okay, I grant you lactose intolerance. But aside from that, why would anyone order a hamburger when they can get a cheeseburger? Cheese is delicious! It makes the burger even better! Why? Why go somewhere and order a hamburger? Makes no sense. Who are these people?

People who salt their food before they even taste it should be put to death.

Why do we eat fruit and not vegetables for breakfast? I like asparagus. Why is it weird to eat asparagus for breakfast instead of an apple? Why can’t I eat a salad in the morning? Why can’t I have a banana with my steak and baked potato at dinner?

These are questions for the ages, I suppose.

13 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

You can. Do whatever you want. Eat a salad in the morning. Sounds like a grand idea. I love me some salad for breakfast.

I am sorry, but hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream...mmmm. A little slice of heaven! I agree with the cake and ice cream, though.

7:01 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

If you can eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, then why not salad? I'm with you on the ice cream bit. Just a matter of taste, I guess.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Shelli--I don't see how you can approve of pie with ice cream and not cake with ice cream (although both are VERY wrong). Are you SURE you are a dreaming soul? LOL

CS--Not just a matter of taste, my friend. Good taste. We both have good taste :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger marty said...

I think those other combinations work if you're pregnant. Is there something Mrs. Fab should know?

9:25 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

So if we can eat salad for breakfast, can I eat ice cream? I mean it is dairy...right and if it is strawberry ice cream - I've got my fruit, and put it in a cone - and there is my grains... ahhh Life is good!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

Cheeseburgers aren't kosher.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I love cheeseburgers for breakfast.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Tricia said...

I agree, ice cream and pie? Yuck, soggy pie. Ice cream and cake, same thing.

I eat breakfast at dinner time occasionally ... scrambled eggs and bacon. Why couldn't you have whatever you want for breakfast even if it's normally eaten at lunch or dinner. Go For it!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

ummm i like salad for breakkie!

im not sure i like asparagus, never tried it!


bannanas rock at anytime, expesially cut up on ICECREAM

2:18 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

On the whole I agree that certain food stuffs do not go together. An exception is ice cream and apple pie. Yum. :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Marty--If Mrs. Fab IS pregnant I'm coming after you, you son of a bitch!

Fantastagirl--Well, you're a superhero. You can do what you want :)

Serra--But they ARE de-lish!

Lori--That is why you are my kind of gal!

Tricia--Once again, the voice of reason!

Bluepaintred--No no no ice cream and bananas! NO!

6:27 PM  
Blogger CeCe said...

Eating asparagus for breakfast is weird 'cause your pee will stink all day, remember?

10:58 PM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Be open minded! Embrace diversity! Food is food. Period. Eat it whatever, whenever, however you like!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.