My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, May 26, 2006

We were on a mission from God...

The presentation was a huge success. People were expecting a boring PowerPoint presentation. What they got was David and me bursting through the front doors to Can't Turn You Loose and taking the stage.

We did Everybody Needs Somebody to Love and Gimme Some Lovin' first. It was hard for Mandy to get good pictures. We were dancing and moving all over the room so most of them came out all blurry.
Then we stopped to do a little off the cuff presentation whereby I tried to get everybody pumped up about our All Star Blood Drive program. It was good we had a bit of a break. I could not have done three songs in a row, and I don't think David could either. The first two numbers took a lot out of us.

Then we made everyone put on fedoras and sunglasses and grab a microphone, we put the words to Soul Man on the screen and made everyone get up and do it with us.

Everyone had a great time.

But Jesus, we've got to train for that next time. My entire set of clothes was wringing wet by the time we were done. It was as if someone had pushed me in a pool fully clothed. Want proof?

Do I look a tad sweaty?

Out of shape + hot crowded room + heavy suit jacket + wool hat. You do the math :)

19 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I wish our meetings were fun like that! You guys make great blues brothers. Maybe there is another career for you, in a blues brothers tribute band!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

You guys ROCK...did you sing RAWHIDE?

6:10 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Hmmm... the shades, your sexy voice, mood nipples, the smell of sweat... Get over here, sexy!!! I am polishing my wooden shoes just for you!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

That sounds absolutely fun and hilarious. Amazing. Really, do you have a job for me there? I will move. My husband will have to find a new job. My kids will be happy because we will live in the same state as that one place that you hate. I will be able to swim with the dolphins at will. And I will love my job! What more can you ask for?

7:50 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

cute pics!! you have some serious cojones!! Blues Brothers is such great flick!! My fave part is when nun is hitting them with ruler while they curse. lol!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Look at you as The Blues Brothers.
I bet that was a blast.
You look great.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Mel--Well, we are going to do it at some blood drives at least :)

Lorraine--No, but maybe next time!

Dutchy--Ooh, I love shiny wooden shoes!

Shelli--I can get you an application and put in a good word for you :)

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

Mmmm...tasty. You're better than a salt stick.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous 3rdtimesacharm( 3T ) said...

WOW! Ever think of doing some consulting work on how to give good presentations in busines?

That sweat represents all your hard work. You earned it, be proud. ;-)

Copngratulations on your successful presentation Mr. Fab!

3T

8:47 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

How come all meeting aren't like that. More people would be willing to turn up if they were.

The ones I have attended in the past have been starchy affairs with suits. Not that I'm complaining about suits, I love a guy in a suit. Oohps, there I go again.

Congratulations on what appears to have been a very successful meeting.

10:07 AM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

You truely are Mr. Fabulous! I love it.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Detroiter said...

You look fabulous! That looked like a great time. (Then again, I don't get out much.)

12:39 PM  
Blogger zhadi said...

You guys look fantastic!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Eric T. said...

It would have been worth coming down for the meetings just to see that!!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

lol nuthing wrong with a hot and sweaty man!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Katt--That's one of my favorite parts too :)

Lori--Thanks hon :)

Blair--Well, that was a tad disturbing LOL

3T--Thanks, it was a lot of fun!

Suze--We'll come across the pond and do it for you guys!

Pixie--You are too kind!

Detroiter--You DO need to get out more!

Eric--It was a trip. We missed ya, dude!

Zhadi--Thanks buddy :)

Bluepaintred--Different kind of sweat :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

LOL.. yeah you do look a tad sweaty.
OMG.. I so remember seeing that movie in the theater..damn I am old.

11:54 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Congrats on that FABULOUS presentation idea! (well, you are mr. Fab!) A tad sweaty? So what!? ;-)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Tricia said...

Looks like that was a great meeting. I just bet everyone had a great time.

I love the blues brothers. :)

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.