My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Dedication Friday : It's a workplace dedication!

Wow, it's Friday and I have actually remembered to do Dedication Friday! But um...I don't know how that linky thing works, and I think I am the first one to do it today. Matt? You out there buddy?

I am dedicating this song to certain people where I work. I am not saying who they are, and I will entertain no speculation as to who they are when I return on Monday. Some of them may work at my present location, some of them may work at my future location. Some of them may read this blog, some of them may not. I ain't talkin'.

This song is meant as a general dedication, not literal, in that no one is actually trying to steal Mrs. Fab away from me. They better not be, anyway. Or I will strike them down with great vengeance and furious anger, you know what I'm saying?

But aside from that, the general sentiment of the song is the same. The workplace can be a treacherous place. I know many of you can relate. But I know who these people are. And you don't want to get on my bad side, believe me.

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

All you fellows who have someone
And you really care, yeah, yeah
Then it's all of you fellows
Who better beware, yeah yeah
Somebody's out to get your lady
A few of your buddies they sure look shady
Blades are long, clenched tight in their fist
Aimin' straight at your back
And I don't think they'll miss

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
I keep gettin' all these visits
From my friends, yeah, what they doin to me
They come to my house
Again and again and again and again, yeah
So are they there to see my woman
I don't even be home but they just keep on comin'
What can I do to get on the right track
I wish they'd take some of these knives off my back

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers(Back stabbers)
Low down, dirty

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
Smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes tell lies (back stabbers)
(They smile in your face)
I don't need low down
Dirty bastards (back stabbers)

14 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

Be careful there, bro. I know that you have to watch your back there, but you also have some good friends who help to keep you safe. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Or something like that.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

If anything ever called for a dramatic reading, it was this post!

I can sympathize. Sometimes coworkers get me down - I've even posted about it, too.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I would have like to hear you sing this :)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Shelli--Are you in the mob, sis? I didn't know there was a Minnesota mob...

Erin--Yep, it's a universal problem, I am afraid.

Lorraine--Complain, complain, complain LOL

4:48 AM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

Sadly, we're all too familiar with "friends" like that in Washington.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

So, you work for a knife company?

8:46 AM  
Blogger marty said...

I think you need back up singers, the Fabettes, if you will.

Give it some thought. A whole new career could be beckoning.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

"Or I will strike them down with great vengeance and furious anger" Love that quote!

I want to hear this sung out loud!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Dick--Oh, I'm sure YOU'RE aware of them! :)

Lynda--No, but damn it, I might as well!

Marty--Will you be our manager?

Webmiztris--Congratulations. I had decided that the first person who knew that was a movie quote would offically be the coolest person in blogland!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

Too well, I'm afraid...

4:55 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The quote is from the movie Pulp Fiction Samuel L Jackson said it, one of my very favorite movies.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

shelli is right - the old-timers always say - keep your friends close and your enemies closer... in this case - keep your co-workers very very close...

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Luin said...

Boy do I hear that. My job is the same way. You have to avoid talking or venting at work, cause if someone hears it they will go right to the person, and if hey fucked up they will point the finger.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Well, that's a familiar senario. Maybe you should audio post this one. It's going to be a classic! :)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.