My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Muddled Mindless Manic Monday Musings

I came across this Advertising Slogan Generator. I can't remember where I saw it, or else I would give credit. It may have been while surfing at BlogMad. You type in a word, or a name, and it gives you a slogan. I really liked mine:

Now I just need to find define what The Mr. Fabulous Effect is. It would totally suck to have a cool slogan like that with nothing to attach it to. Hmm...

I want to thank all you guys for showing my renter, DutchBitch so much love over the last week. Her time with me is almost up as I write this. A ton of you went over to pay her a visit, and I appreciate it. I knew you would like her. I am glad that I was able to do something for someone from The Netherlands. We have a come a long way since we kicked the crap out of them in WWII. Wait, that doesn't sound right. I'm thinking of Norway, I think. Fucking Norway.

However, she is not getting her cleaning deposit back. It looks like she's been practicing animal sacrifices back there. It's probably part of her religion, but even so. You ever try to get goat's blood out of Berber carpet? It's gonna be a bitch. So it might be a week or so before the room will be ready to rent to someone else.

You may have noticed that now my blogroll is one big long ass list. No more food groups. The truth can now be told, the groups were little more than just a way to keep track of which blogs I had read during a particular time. But I have recently switched over from Blogrolling to Bloglines, on my sister's advice, and I find Bloglines to be far superior as I am able to bring up my feed page and tell at a glance which blogs have new posts and how many of them there are. So now it is a snap to know where to go.

If it has been a day or two since I have been to your blog, I will get there, I promise. There are another ten or twelve blogs I like that I want to add to the blogroll but I think I'm at the point where if I add much more I won't be able to keep up.

Can you guess what I have today at noon? A board meeting. I have been named to the Board of Directors for a local non profit agency. Can you imagine that? Me? Hard enough to believe that a goofball like me is a corporate manager, let alone a board member. Kind of makes you lose respect for these organizations, doesn't it?

I continue to be a guest bloggin' fool. While my sisters are cavorting in the sand and surf and are being pampered at the spa, I have done guest posts on both their blogs for today. I am not sure when they will be up, but Shelli's blog is here, and Megan's blog is here. I also have contributed an Athena topic and question to Pud's site, which can be found here (I'm not sure when hers will be up either).

That about catches me up for guest posts, although I am doing one for Tabz on June 24, and I will still be entertaining my dark side on Jin's site every Saturday. Busy busy busy.

It has been a while since I have done an audio post. I promised Shelli I would do a dramatic reading of Baby Got Back, so I need to get to that. I will also repeat my offer that if anyone wants me to do an audio post that they can put on their blog, let me know. Of course, you might want to ask Dawn and Katt if that's a good idea first!

I think when my new site goes live I'm going to have one of those obligatory 100 Things About Me pages. I am not at all put off by the fact that I have yet to see one of these pages on a blog belonging to a male blogger. Let's face it, I'm only a couple of Movies of the Week away from being a woman anyway. Or one meaningful one night stand with a dockworker from being gay, for that matter.

I know no one cares about this except me, but as I write this I am 20 games ahead in first place in my fantasy baseball league. I totally rock. I try to be a good sport about it though. Oh, and Sharra and Eric, if you are reading this, suck on it, chumps! I say that with love, of course.

I changed my avatar, but I am still not in love with it. I am having trouble finding one I like. Does anyone know of any good sites to get them from, or a good site where you can pay to have one made?

Okay, that's about it. This is has been a fairly long post for being about nothing. Don't work too hard this week. I know I won't--I've got Thursday and Friday off. Four day weekend coming up. Life is good!

And don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for...

54 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

Can't you use the slogan "The Mr. Fabulous Effect" as your avatar? Somehow? Just an idea. Your post will be up by morning. I love you, bro! Thanks for holding down the fort while me and Megan were getting thrown in jail--um, I mean--having fun at the spa.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Bloglines?? Hmmmm sounds like a plan indeed...As long as I am part of your blogroll I am happy!

Yayyyyy for the 4 day weekend coming up for you!! That's awesome =)

Have a great Monday!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Eric T. said...

Take your love and shove it buddy.
I'm going to remember this come NFL pool season.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

1. ring around the bluepaintred gets the whole wash clean ... WTF???
( that was mine)

2. cold water for the blood stains, OR my personal favorite, redecorate so the couch covers the blood stains!
3 dutch bitch scares me
4. your audio post scare me more
5. i tried to do a hundred things post. it was too har , so i gave up.. try naming sexual positions you like . i found I had that for most of my list
6. that is all

1:50 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'll make an Avatar for you, just tell me what you want, or send me a picture to edit. Really.

I, too, am addicted to Bloglines. If you're still into subdividing your reading, you can make folders there, you know. Feedreaders are the best!

I'm SO jealous of the 4 day weekend, I can't even express it.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Kentucky Girl said...

Mine was "Moving at the Speed of Kentucky Girl." hehe

I totally love me some Bloglines. Only thing is, it makes me too lazy to click over to comment. :( So then I have to go through my blog list on my site anyway. Dumb me. Then there are those that don't ping...and then there are those that I have in bookmarks. Gawd, I need to get my shit in order. lol

4:22 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Cooly effective ;) how about a photo of YOU, that'd be neat!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Shelli--I know you haven't been thrown in jail yet, but then your visit isn't over...

Shannon--You will ALWAYS be part of my blogroll! You have a great Monday too, thanks!

Eric--I will be remembering during the NFL pool. Primarily about how you will be paying my entry fee, buddy :)

Bluepaintred--You Canadians are so randy!

Erin--Wow, I really apprecite the offer, but I think you have enough going on right now without worrying about a stupid avatar for dopey me :)

Kentucky Girl--I like the slogan! The only problem I have is that if I am behind on reading blogs, the feeds that show exactly HOW far behind I am can be pretty intimidating...

Lorraine--Maybe, but I would need an awesome photographer like you to take the picture so I would look halfway decent :)

5:47 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am waiting for the Mr Fabulous effect to come to my town! I hear its getting rave reviews!

5:53 AM  
Blogger JIN said...

I wanna thank you for being my Saturday guest blogger and hope you could be there as long as it could last.

Thank you.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

oh yeah...e-mail me a photo of you, I'll fix it ;)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Mel--Really? I hear it is an aquired taste :)

Jin--I'll be there as long as you want me to be!

Lorraine--No, I would have to come up there and sit for a Lorraine original photo :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

I like the slogan. Can anyone get one?

7:36 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

Fat Mollie is still recovering fom the "Mr. Fabulous effect"!
on your new bio pic-what kind of cookies?

7:51 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Itchy said...

My Slogan:

"The Sweet You Can Eat Between Meals Without Ruining Your Itchy."

I LOVE IT!

And Bloglines has really helped me keep up with my slackin' at work in a more organized manner. Organized slackin' dude...that's where it's at.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooooooo....yay! Baby Got Back!

Can you do it with a sexy british accent??? That would be cool...;)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

My slogan was:
Come fly the friendly Lori In Florida!

10:06 AM  
Blogger D said...

Just the fact that you READ all of those blogs regularly is completely amazing to me. I imagine you don't sleep. Or eat. Or go to the bathroom - kind of like Jack Bauer on 24.

That Ad-Generator was pretty cool! Mine is "Dial Down the Dene." How sexy.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Pud--Absolutely! Go wild!

Katt--Whatever kind of cookies your little heart desires :)

Itchy--LMAO that is hilarious!

Stacy--I oculd try. That would certianly up the difficulty factor LOL

Lori--I like it! :)

D--I eat and sleep right on the toilet. Saves time!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hmmmmm, don't see you up for rent again! Oh and I would have used "Fabulous Whore" for your slogan, but that's just me! :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

OMG! Ok, I admit it. I've been playing with the generator. You made me do it! :)

Check out some of the ones I've gotten:

*Try Winged Emotion - you'll like it

*Have You Had Your Winged Emotion today?

*It's the Bright One, it's the Right One, that's Winged Emotion

*Time To Make The Winged Emotion

And my personal favorite...

*Nothing Acts Faster Than Winged Emotion

That was a riot! thanks for the link! :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even better....

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Winged Emotion

Ok. I'm done now.


psssst... you're still a whore! :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Ok, I lied... Keeping in form with the whole WHORE theme we got between us... I just got this one after the icecream one....


Nothing Sucks Like A Winged Emotion

How appropriate is that! My husband can attest to it's validity! :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

Have you received your shoes yet?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I would like a photo of you for your avatar!

Love the new slogan! It is so you!

1:24 PM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

With regards to your new avatar, let me say this to all who don't know, "Mr. Fab is lying! There are NO cookies. Do not be fooled by his ruse."

1:55 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

I love your new avatar. I hope you can keep that promise.

The slogan generator came up with: Your in good hands with AlexSuze. I suppose it was right. :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

man, if you can keep up with your blogroll as IS, I'm impresed. It's frickin' huge! lol

2:28 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

mine was "Kattbanjo. it's everywhere you wanna be" giggle giggle

2:38 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Do you ever sleep?

How do you get all this stuff done?

You are a metrosexual blogging MACHINE! ;-)

2:41 PM  
Blogger gunngirl said...

I'm with Shannon, as long as I'm part of your blogroll, I'm fine. But it looks like you have mucho friends. that's good.

Rock on with the 4 day weekend. Get some blogging done.

Oh and I missed your post with the Soundtrack to your Life, but I MUST comment on the Buffy Once More With Feeling soundtrack. Are you kidding? I have it, I love it. Didn't think I'd ever meet someone else with it. You officially Rock, er, not that you didn't before, but you rock even harder now.

3:35 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Looking at the bloglines I'm guessing I'm chopped liver now. :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger michele said...

Mr Fab,you sure you can pull
off baby got back? Wear a tee
and let your pants hang off your
butt to get in the mood.Put
on a baseball cap backwards and
you might be able to do it.
Gotta love those 4 day weekends.

3:56 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Thanks for the room. It was heavenly being in there. Sorry I had to leave so sudden... Sorry about the mess... It was the lemurs fault...

4:00 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

"Takes a Dick Small but it Keeps on Tickin'."
Poetry, SHEER poetry! Excuse me, now, while I rest...

4:42 PM  
Blogger ablondeblogger said...

I HIGHLY recommend your guest audio blog posts! The one you did for me was awesome!

And I also would love to hear you do a dramatic reading of Baby Got Back....that one will be hilarious for sure!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

Wow -Mr. Fabulous. I have blogroll envy!

My slogan: "For That Deep Down Body Tenacious T"

5:25 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

So what's the meaning behind your new picture and your new down in the dumps attitude? Is it just a joke or a phase or did something bad happen to our Mr. Fab?? Tell me who I should beat up for you.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Tracy--Could you have had any MORE fun with that generator? Oh, and as for the last one, TMI! LOL

Pixie--The shoes are on the way. And shhhh...don't tell them about the cookies...

Mimi--If I could find a picture I liked I would. I'm very picky!

Suze--That is the most perfect slogan of all for you!

Webmiztris--It ain't easy, believe me!

Katt--Sweet!

Pissy--I have no life LOL

Gunn Girl--Are you kidding, it's one of my favorite albums ever!

BarefootCajun--Crap, you're right. I don't know how that happened. I will fix it...

Michele--Yo Yo Yo word up!

Dutchy--Damn Eurotrash :)

Dick--That WAS exhausting!

ABB--I think that audio post will be on Friday :)

Tenacious T--Thanks, but I don't know how envious it is!

Leave--Do I seem down in the dumps?

6:00 PM  
Blogger Plunky said...

So this is why you can't remember you got that Advertising Generator from me...you read so many damn blogs. How do you do that???

6:04 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Bwahahaha! No worries, Mr. Fab.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

Feel the Blair Bitch

It has that "Feel the Wrath" kinda' tone to it. Me likey.

I will never let you be a guest poster on my blog. You scare me, lol.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Blair Bitch said...

BTW Fab, Leave meant, who should she knock around with her tits for you. Or maybe not. I'm just guessin'.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Deb--Mea culpa! I apologize, my friend! I owe you one!

Barefoot Cajun--I fixed it :)

Blair--You know you want me to guest post...you know you do!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Better ask Mrs. Fab before cavorting with any dockworkers; she may want to participate...or at least film it.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

Just swinging by to say hello!! Posted about the party...

XXOO,
JTL

8:56 PM  
Blogger FreeThinker said...

"The Mr. Fabulous Effect"

-- sounds like a band name!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Shannon--Is that what one does with dockworkers? Cavorts?

JTL--Ooh, I am off to see...

Freethinker--Now all I need is a band! Thanks for stopping by!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Big Ben said...

You must have a lot of Blue Jays on your Fantasy team!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous smluke said...

thursday AND friday? Jesus, you're never there anymore.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) said...

I can't believe I commented on your guest posts and didn't comment here. Shame on me!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm sure I could have a lot more fun with the generator. But this is your blog and all....


whoooooooooooooooooooooooore! :)

11:16 PM  
Blogger ablondeblogger said...

Marking Friday down on my calendar. I feel like a groupie who's keeping track of your gigs, lol!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.