My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Who's got soul? Mrs. Fab does...

A number of weeks ago Matt from Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta. created Dedication Friday. The idea is that you pick a song and dedicate it to someone and explain why. Of course, I'm such a bubblehead that every week I forget that it's Dedication Friday, and so I haven't done it yet.

All About Soul was a cut on Billy Joel's River of Dreams album that came out in 1993. From the moment I heard it I thought it fit my wife perfectly. This may surprise you, but Mr. Fabulous is not always the easiest person to live with. I may be fabulous, but I am not perfect (shocker!). And I can be a withdrawn, moody fellow (heck, Jennifer at work can tell you that). Especially lately.

Mrs. Fabulous is my rock. I am so lucky that we found each other all those years ago. I shudder to think where I would be today if not for her, and if God forbid anything should happen to her I shudder to think of how I would end up down the line.

This one is for you, baby. I love you.

All About Soul

She waits for me at night, she waits for me in silence
She gives me all her tenderness and takes away my pain
And so far she hasn't run, though I swear she's had her moments
She still believes in miracles while others cry in vain

It's all about soul
It's all about faith and a deeper devotion
It's all about soul'
Cause under the love is a stronger emotion
She's got to be strong
'Cause so many things getting out of control
Should drive her away
So why does she stay?
It's all about soul

She turns to me sometimes and asks me what I'm dreaming
And I realize I must have gone a million miles away
And I ask her how she knew to reach out for me that moment
And she smiles because it's understood there are no words to say

It's all about soul
It's all about knowing what someone is feeling
The woman's got soul
The power of love and the power of healing
This life isn't fair
It's gonna get dark, it's gonna get cold
You gotta get tough, but that ain't enough
It's all about soul

There are people who have lost every trace of human kindness
There are many who have fallen, there are some who still survive
She comes to me at night and she tells me her desires
And she gives me all the love I need to keep my faith alive

It's all about soul
It's all about joy that comes out of sorrow
It's all about soul
Who's standing now and who's standing tomorrow
You've got to be hard
Hard as the rock in that old rock 'n' roll
But that's only part, you know in your heart
It's all about soul

42 Comments:

Blogger shirley said...

*squeee* L'amour!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You aren't easy to live with? No wonder she is Mrs. Fab!

Great song! Great tribute!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Beautiful:)
you are both so lucky to have each other.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Ficklechick said...

Awwww, how romantic!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Awwww...tht is beautiful! :) She is a lucky lady :)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

That was beautiful, Fab. You must get your sensitive side from your little sister.;)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

I love this song, and I love that you chose for my favorite sister-in-law. xo

12:49 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

How fantastic that you have each other...

12:57 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Aww, that's so sweet.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

What wonderful lyrics. I must confess I have never heard this one. Very touching, your wife is such a lucky lady. :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

You're great!

5:51 AM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Hey there Mr. Fab. Good post...nice song, nice sentiment. Thanks for stopping by Northview. It was good to "see" you there.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Mrs Fab said...

You're my life, my love, my everything - Always - Me

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Mr. Fab, You've restored my faith in men, there are good ones after all... and Mrs. Fab you just brought tears to my eyes!
Sigh :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Awww. What a glorious tribute, Mr. Fab! It sounds like you're made for each other. What a great Billy Joel song for the occassion. Thanks for sharing the Soul!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That is SO sweet! :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

very sweet! You are like a bug, hard outer shell, soft squishy center.

Now I miss Mr.Katt dammit

8:24 AM  
Blogger D said...

Am I the only person who noticed that it's Tuesday?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Aaawww how sweet.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

What a sweetheart you are!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Noi Rocker said...

Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...............so romantic!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

awwwwwwwwwwww


you are so getting laid tonight

10:59 AM  
Blogger zhadi said...

Awwwww!!! That's so sweet! You are Mr. Fab for that post alone, even if you are an annoying perky morning person.

I like the new avatar, but I miss Caesar...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

AWWW, what a sweet guy you can be Mr. Fab! I guess Mrs. Fab should get more deddications from you, seeing as she puts up with you and the Lemurs....and your mood swings...you really need to dedicate some to your co-workers too. Especially Jennifer. LOL

11:09 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Mrs Fab is a lucky woman to be paid tribute like that... but then, she probably reaaaaaally deserves it! I mean enduring you for a husband, the mood nipples, the lemurs... ;-)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ANY TISSUE??!!??

1:12 PM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

AAWWW Your the fabulous sweet ultra man!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger ablondeblogger said...

Awww, that is so sweet. Now you have to serenade her with it....and audioblog it when you do. :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I love it when there are couple who are so, so perfect for each other and they're not a bit shy to tell the whole world.

Mrs. Fab has her one fine Mr. Fab.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

you are such a whore. but I beat you, so i'm a better whore... hmmmm, not sure that is a compliment to me, huh??

Oh well! Happy Battling, hon!

5:32 PM  
Blogger michele said...

Mr.Fab,you're just a softie, you
both are so blessed to have each
other.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Scott-O-Rama said...

I've been doing something kind of similar over at my blog on Fridays called "The Boogie Boogie Song of the Day." It's not necessarily a dedication to someone though.

Great blog btw. I blogmarked you on BE.

8:22 PM  
Blogger cherish said...

AWWWWWWWW So very sweet and loving!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Maritza said...

*sniff* that's just fabulous!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Some Girl said...

That is so great!!! Glad you two have each other.


BTW....voting for ya..

9:16 PM  
Blogger gunngirl said...

You are truly Mr. Fab

Love...*swoon*

9:20 PM  
Blogger shirley said...

*squeee* Blogmad hit!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said...

Happy International Webloggers Day! (June 14) ... Us Aussies beat the rest of you at everything ha ha!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

That is just the sweetest thing!

You and Mrs. Fab are so lucky to have found each other :)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

So sweet of you! Mr Fabulous moonlights as Mr Romantic!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Brat said...

that is so suh-weet!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Fabio has something to say said...

I stumbled across your blog on a search for "fabulous blogs"...now I know why you are considered fabulous! It looks like we have more in common than blogging!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.