My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Sibling Milestone!

It’s all about family, am I right, people? That being said; please join me in congratulating my sister today on her 40th birthday. That’s right, the big 4-0!

Many of you know my sister Shelli, aka ‘Lil Fab from her blog Shelli’s Sentiments. If you have a moment, pop on over and wish her well. She mentioned something about having some special HNT pics today for y’all, even though it is Monday.

That’s my sister, bless her heart. Road the short bus to school most days. Wore a helmet too. But that just meant she needed more of our love, that’s all.

This birthday finds her in the midst of a career change. Right now she is torn between becoming an erotic masseuse or a Navy Seal. We don’t care which career path she chooses, as long as it makes her happy.

I don’t see ‘Lil Fab much any more, sadly. She up and married a hunky cop named Jason and moved to Minnesota, so she is a Canadian now. It’s kind of cool to have a foreigner in the family. I think she has dual citizenship though, so she has not totally become a Godless commie and abandoned her American heritage.

Oh, she asked me to let you all know that she and Jason have decided to embrace the swinging lifestyle, so if any of y’all are interested, I can give you her email. Sandi? Bluepaintred? Mike?

I wish you at least 40 more, sis. And whether you spend the next twenty years on adreneline-charged rescue missions or giving Japanese businessmen a "happy ending", we'll love you just the same!

Make a wish!

18 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I am 39 today. July 24, 1967! That makes me 39!!!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I had to get that out of my system and be the first to comment.

You know? In spite of this post, (*wink*) I love you, Mr. Fabulous. You are an amazing brother and the best friend that a girl could ever want on her side. You have helped me in my life in so many ways. I know that you will minimize it in some way, but it is more than true and you know it in your heart. If I could, I would tell everyone the things you have done for me. But you and I know the truth in what I say and that is what matters.

Thank you. I love you and I am so glad that you came into my life. I don't know what it would be like without you. Oh yeah, you told me (where is that now?): "You would lead a life of bleak desolation!" I am not sure that it would be that bad, but I know that it would be less bright. Thank you, again!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

id deffinatly need to see a pick of his...shoes ... first but Im game

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLI!!!!!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Kyle Korleski said...

Mr. Fab says she's 40 and she says she's 39. Now, either he could be lying out of jest or she could be lying because that's what all women start doing when they start going over the hill.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I think that I am just going to have to put a copy of my driver's license on my blog so I can prove to everyone that he is not telling the truth.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL happy 39th Shelli ;)...brothers!!!
Besides, you look 22!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Shelli--Now sis, what did the doctor say about fibbing?

Shelli--Thank you, my dear sister :)

Bluepaintred--Well, they are not as big as mine, I can tell you that!

Kyle--My sister has a little problem with the fact that she is rocketing toward the nursing home. People age faster in Minnesota, it is a proven fact.

Shelli--Now sis, you know that the state took your license away because you kept running over mailmen...

Lorraine--You are an enabler LOL

5:56 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Happy Birthday, Shelli! Hope you have a great one!

Fab - You should NEVER tell a lady that she's older than she really is.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

oh dear lord. people age faster in Mn? so that's my problem.

Happy Birthday Shelli...and umm, no on the swinging thing..bwahaha.

Fab you are such a sweet brother!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

As Shelli's twin (born 2 weeks apart, but that's another story), I can attest to the fact she is now 39, not forty.

I, however, am still 38.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

It is so true that people in Minnisota age quicker. That is why Megan is still 38.

Great post, Fabman! Happy Birthday, Shelli!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

CS--I am just trying to keep her grounded in reality! LOL

Lynda--That is an EXCELLENT observation!

Megan--For a LITTLE while longer...

Sandi--She will be bummed out about the turn down...

3:05 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Congratulations Shelli and here is to many more. *clink* I know it's only earyl over there but here it's 20:30. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

BlogMad hit! Give me back my Tiara, Fab!

10:09 PM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Psssst! Don't tell anybody, but Minnesota is not in Canada. Mum's the word.

12:16 AM  
Blogger marty said...

40...time for the home

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.