My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

We love to learn more about Mr. Fab...

I saw this meme over at the always fabulous Erin's site and I liked it enough to steal it. I like a good meme every once in a while. There's no heavy lifting. Perfect for a Saturday. Plus you get to learn a little about me. As if you needed to know any more.

Hey, if you haven't done the quiz, check this out. So far there is a three way tie for the prize.

My Saturday post is up at Jin's site.

Make it a great weekend!

Sixty-Two Question Meme

1. How old do you wish you were? Hmm…I am interpreting this question as what age would I like to be if I could go back in time. I think I’m happy enough with now. I think I’ll stick with 44.
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was working at the blood bank, having just been promoted to recruitment manager the month before. My assistant came down to tell me about the first plane. Then we heard about the second plane, and shortly after that the donors came pouring in. It was a crazy time to be in blood banking.
3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? I usually just accept it. It’s not that big a deal.
4. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, usually. Although I can be a tremendous prick when provoked.
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? If I HAD to get one? It would be to be under pretty dire circumstances for me to give up being able to donate blood for a year, but if I HAD to it would be my wife’s name and I would let her choose where it went.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? Spanish, but sadly, I have zero talent for learning languages.
7. Do you know your neighbors? I know them to wave to and have an occasional conversation. We don’t hang out at each other’s house though.
8. What do you consider a vacation? Any day that I am not working.
9. Do you follow your horoscope? No. The only horoscopes I read are the weekly ones in The Onion. Those are hilarious.
10. Would you move for the person you loved? No question about it.
11. Are you touchy feely? Only with my wife, although there are some people I hug at work. They usually initiate it, though.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Hmmm…perhaps to a degree, and there are always exceptions, but for the most part I think a relationship stands a better chance of success if the two people have quite a bit in common.
13. Dream job? Commissioner of Major League Baseball.
14. Favorite channels? NESN (gotta watch my Red Sox) and HBO.
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? To the movies.
16. Showers or Bath? Always a shower. I’m not about to sit there in a tepid pool of my own filth.
17. Do you paint your nails? No. I may tan, but that’s where I draw the line.
18. Do you trust people easily? It depends. I consider myself pretty guarded, but at the same time I have been proven to be quite naïve at times.
19. What are your phobias? I don’t really have anything that I am actually phobic about.
20. Do you want kids? No, my standard answer for twenty years has been that I am too selfish and self absorbed. I like it just the way it is, my wife and our bunnies.
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? No, I never saw the point of writing something that no one would read.
22. Where would you rather be right now? At home (I’m at work).
23. What makes you feel warm and safe? When my wife hugs me or snuggles up next to me in bed.
24. Heavy or light sleep? Heavy mostly, I think. But it probably varies.
25. Are you paranoid? What do you mean by that? Who told you to ask me that? Are they watching us right now? What are they saying about me? Short answer: yes.
26. Are you impatient? Next question. NEXT QUESTION!
27. Who can you relate to? This was the hardest question for me. I honestly don’t know how to respond. I wonder what that says about me.
28. How do you feel about interracial couples? People are people. Any kind of love is beautiful love. Everybody get over it.
29. Have you been burned by love? No. I have been very fortunate.
30. What’s your life motto? You can’t save everybody, just try not to be living next door to them when they go off.
31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? Soul Man by Sam and Dave. Always the classics, baby!
32. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping soundly.
33. Who was your last text message from? Wendy.
34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night? What are you implying? I always sleep in my own bed unless I’m traveling. Jeez.
35. What color shirt are you wearing? Black print. I look damn good.
36. Most recent movie you watched? In the theater it was Nacho Libre.
37. Name five things you have on you at all times? My keys, my PDA, my earpiece…that’s it.
38. What color are your bed sheets? White. Off-white if I have an accident during the night.
39. How much cash do you have on you right now? $7.27 in my pocket. My wallet is in the car.
40. What is your favorite part of chicken? The breast.
41. What's your favorite town/city? Hmm…I love Boston, and New York City, and New Orleans. But I will be boring and say right here in Gainesville, Florida.
42. I can’t wait till...I finally apply myself and try to make a living from my writing.
43. Who got you to join MySpace? I don’t belong to MySpace.
44. What did you have for dinner last night? Hot dogs and potato chips. Little league food.
45. How tall are you barefoot? 6’1”. And I have the strength of ten men.
46. Have you ever smoked crack? Not yet, but God willing next week if that guy comes through for me…
47. Do you own a gun? I used to, but I got rid of them all.
48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I mostly drink water. If I feel I need it I’ll have a Diet Coke.
49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? A fake cast and a handkerchief soaked in chloroform.
50. Do you have A.D.D.? Certainly not, that is ridicule…I like kitties…Who took my stapler?
51. What time did you wake up today? 4:35 a.m.
52. Current worry? Too many to count.
53. Current hate? This fucking war.
54. Favorite place to be? At the beach with my wife.
55. Where would you like to travel? We may be going to Las Vegas in the fall and L.A. in the spring. I’m looking forward to that. Of course, they’re going to have shoot me full of horse tranquilizers to get me on the plane…
56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? Hopefully not much will have changed.
57. Last thing you ate? A piece of pound cake.
58. What songs do you sing in the shower? If I sing anything it’s a snippet of whatever song is in my head at the moment.
59. Last person that made you laugh? My wife.
60. Worst injury you've ever had? I hurt my back once years ago and missed about six weeks of work. That’s about it. I’ve never broken anything.
61. Does someone have a crush on you? I doubt it. Why, do you?
62. What is your favorite candy? I don’t eat candy anymore. But in the old days you could not leave me alone with a bag of Smarties.

34 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

I do NOT believe I am the first commenter!
This is a really good meme. I am gonna steal it! :)
Loved learning more about you, Fab.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I don't read meme, except of course for yours.
I have a big crush on you and Mrs. Fab too.
You ARE a writer!!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

that is a good meme. I think I know more about you now than i have ever known about someone Ive never met!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Some Girl said...

Ewww! at number 38!!

I'm stealing this meme too. I have nothing to post for Saturday...

8:12 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? A fake cast and a handkerchief soaked in chloroform.
I am not falling for that trick again. LMAO!! :)

Cool meme!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I love Smarties and I think that they are my favorite candy that isn't chocolate.

I am hurt that you didn't say that my town is your favorite town. WTF?!

Stay away from Myspace it is evil incarnate!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Sandi--Steal away, my dear. What is mine is yours!

Lorraine--And you, my friend, are a helluva photog!

Katt--Well, you know we both like noodles :)

Some Girl--As if my bedwetting didn't cause me enough shame. Don't judge me! :)

Beady--You'll fall for it. You'll let your guard down...

Shelli--"WTF"? Nice mouth! You kiss mom with that mouth? You eat with that mouth? :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

Can I choose where you get your tatoo??

9:45 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I love to read these. It makes me feel all that more closer to you Mr.Fab :)

I just may borrow it too.

Huggerzzz...

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Dick--I like you Dick. That's why I am going to kill you last :)

Spidey--Enjoy the closeness!

10:22 AM  
Blogger michele said...

I deem you completely normal.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

See, I knew someone had a crush on you.

And I love how you include Mrs. Fab as often as possble. That's really cute. You're such a mush.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

Hahahahaa!!! (you are kidding, right?)

11:27 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Re the chicken part - at least you didn't say right wings and assholes.

11:41 AM  
Blogger D said...

I am so chock full of Mr Fab info I'm not sure what I should do with myself. I have a strange desire to dance in clogs.

Happy Canada Day.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous ficklechick said...

Hmmm, and I thought I knew you so well. ;)

I might steal this one too, it's a good one! I just don't know if I have the patience to answer all of those. I'm pretty fickle you know.

1:13 PM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

See? Fab. Utterly, utterly fab.

And I'm with Megan. I love it that Mrs. Fab is so tightly woven into your responses. This world needs more mushes.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

mr.fab. about #38...the bedwetting. don't worry, you WILL grow out of it, my four year old does it too. and the docs said it just takes time, so just be paitent!

oh and I will steal this meme as well

HAPPY CANADA DAY

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I am a copy cat. I am going to borrow it also. Not steal. I don't steal. Well, except for...well, you don't need to know about THAT.

For the MySpace question, I will just link to my posts, since I don't remember anymore. lol.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Very good insight in to the man behind Mr Fab. BTW, what is pound cake? It doesn't contain money does it?

3:37 PM  
Blogger MysteriousLady said...

Enjoyed that! Interesting man you are!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Be safe!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Michele--Well sure, compared to you folks out in California...LOL

Megan--I really am. I am such a mushy sap.

Dick--Hmmm...

Nanuk--I like to keep people guessing...

D and Bluepaintred--Happy Canada Day to you guys too! I am embarrassed to have forgotten to post about it!

Ficklechick--Yes, but that is part of your charm :)

Dawn--Really? Sometimes I think it makes people cringe LOL

Lynda--I already know about THAT. I know all! :)

Suze--If it did, I would get some all the time!

Mysrerious Lady--You as well, my friend!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Lots of people seemed to like this meme - glad it worked for you.

You have to wait a year to give blood after getting a tattoo? Is that because it can take a year to find out that you've caught something? Yech. That's reason enough to never want one!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Every curse word I use, I learned from you. You are my OLDER brother.

6:33 PM  
Blogger michele said...

Well i never!

7:41 PM  
Blogger peebugg said...

I can't imagine the blood bank episode on 9/11. Your organizational skills must of been stretched to the limit.

Cool MeMe......

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY !!!!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tense Teacher said...

I like these questions better than those on most memes, and your answers had me cracking up (especially your secret weapon for luring women). I may have to copy also because I'm too lazy to do much thinking today.

8:52 PM  
Blogger cherish said...

I have a crush on you!!! GRINZZZzzzzz


GREAT meme I always LOVE to learn more about Mr. Fabulous!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Tense Teacher--Steal away, and thanks for popping in!

Cherish--Bless your heart, you're gonna make me blush :)

Shelli--Brat!

Michele--Never? :)

Peebugg--Happy 4th to you too, buddy!

Erin--That, and how will it look when Im in the old folk's home? :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

MMM you said Smarties.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Noi Rocker said...

Hey Mr Fab! I am prety sure that no one has a crush on you. They are in love with you! Why else do they (including moi) come back here almost everyday?

12:25 PM  
Blogger karaoke queen said...

He he. Love it. I have a special post just for you! Check it out.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Along said...

I'm gonna steal this meme. You can't stop me. I'm gonna totally do it.

Don't worry, I'll put in a link to your blog. Not that anyone reads my blog, that is.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Rick Lee said...

love song mp3

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.