My mind is a dangerous place. Make sure you wear a cup.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I can't resist a music meme...

But first, I am going to try my best to go back to putting up one post per day. Well, two if I do a "Spiritual Side" post. That's the problem with having all this free time. I could easily do ten posts a day if it weren't for my impressive self-control.

If you have not yet clicked over and given some love to my tenant, Noi, please do so. She has been a surprisingly good tenant this week. She has promised to give me a massage later, and I think she is going to tell me a bedtime story too, because she said something about a happy ending.

Okay...

I saw this at the always fabulous Dixie's site and I just had to have it. I won't be able to fill it out as completely as she did, because my musical tastes are not as well rounded. But I'll do the best I can, and where I fall short I will readily cop to my lack of knowledge or interest.

This was fun and a bit challenging to do. It's hard to narrow all the possible choices to just a few. Plus I had to do a little research to make sure I put songs in the right category. I also added a few segments of my own.

The idea behind the meme is that it's about music, and that you can put up to three answers to any question. But no more. One answer is OK, two answers is OK, three answers is OK. Four is not OK, and five is right out. Unless otherwise indicated, you can only choose songs, and be specific--putting "anything by Madonna" doesn't count.

NAME UP TO THREE:

Song(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Just Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd
Aqualung - Jethro Tull

Musical artist(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being
John Denver
Michael Bolton
Celine Dion

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
19th Nervous Breakdown
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint it Black

Beatles Song(s) I Love
Paperback Writer
Baby You Can Drive My Car
A Day In the Life

Who Song(s) I Love
Pictures of Lily
Who Are You
I Can't Explain

Dylan Song(s) I Love
Hurricane
Highway 61 Revisited
Tangled Up in Blue

Reggae Songs I Love
Sorry. Out of my element here. The only songs I know that have reggae elements are early Police songs

Country Song(s) I Love
The Song Remembers When-Trisha Yearwood
What Mattered Most--Ty Herndon
How Do You Like Me Now-Toby Keith

Country Artist(s) I Love
Patty Loveless
The Dixie Chicks
Brad Paisley

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Purple Rain
Reservoir Dogs
This is Spinal Tap

Musical Sountrack(s) I Love
Chess
1776
My Fair Lady

Cover Song(s) I Love
Knockin' On Heaven's Door--Warren Zevon
Hazy Shade of Winter--The Bangles
Me and Bobby McGee--Janis Joplin

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
Anna Nalick
Shakira
The Pussycat Dolls (shut up)

Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears
The Walk--Sawyer Brown
Keep Me in Your Heart--Warren Zevon

Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass
Neutron Dance--The Pointer Sisters
Lady Marmelade--Patti Labelle

Classical Composer(s) I Love
Not this boy, sorry.

Rap/Hip Hop Songs I Love
Cleaning Out My Closet - Eminem
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
Turn The Beat Around - Vickie Sue Robinson
That's The Way I Like It - K.C. & the Sunshine Band

70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
Come Sail Away--Styx
Most of the supergroup songs I love were made in the early 80's

Metal Song(s) I Love
Don't Fear the Reaper--Blue Oyster Cult
That's as metal as I get, I am afraid

Novelty Song(s) I Love
The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun - Julie Brown
Convoy--CW McCall (I refuse to apologize for this)

New Wave Song(s) I Love
Don't Stand So Close to Me - The Police
No Compassion - Talking Heads
One Way Or Another - Blondie

Soul/R&B Songs I Love
Use Me - Bill Withers
Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson
(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Power Ballad(s) I Love
Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
Amanda - Boston
Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon

Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
Was there music before 1950?

Punk Song(s) I Love
London Calling - The Clash
Rock and Roll Nigger - Patti Smith
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads

80's Song(s) I Love
Never Say Never - Romeo Void
Don't Pay The Ferryman - Chris DeBurgh
Come On Eileen--Dexy's Midnight Runners

Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love
Seven year Ache - Rosanne Cash
Sex + Gasoline - Rodney Crowell
Love Like Blood--John Hiatt

MTV Video(s) I Love
Objection (Tango)--Shakira
Boys of Summer--Don Henley
Centerfold--J. Geils Band

CMT Video(s) I Love
Celebrity--Brad Paisley
Born To Fly--Sara Evans
How Do You Like Me Now--Toby Keith

Song(s) to Have Sex To
Wicked Game--Chris Isaak
You're Lost That Loving Feeling--Righteous Brothers
Fuck Her Gently--Tenacious D (just making sure you're still paying attention)

None of the Above Song(s) I Love
You're So Vain--Carly Simon
I'm an Adult Now--The Pursuit of Happiness
The Heart of the Matter--Don Henley

That was exhausting. But I loves me some music!

Oh stop whining. I'm not going to tag anyone.

52 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

If I never have to hear Stairway to Heaven again, it will be too soon. I played that so much in band. Never went to band camp though.

I find I agree with most of your choices. But I do like classical music.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I am glad you didn't tag anyone and particularily not me. I could never have done this one. It brought back a lot of memories for me, though. I think someone I know used Fuck Me Gently as a Friday Dedication awhile back. I just wanted you to know that I paid attention through the whole post!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

Ooh! OOH! OOH!! I LOVE "Never Say Never!" Hell, I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard it!

If I didn't have tendonitis I'd take you up on a tag for this--it'd be fun.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Eric T. said...

i'm going to blare Aqualung next time I see you. HA HA

2:07 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

I wouldn't be able to do that one.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Lynda--I would appreciate classical music more if...I were smarter.

Shelli--Please watch your language on this blog, sis. This is a family-friendly blog, unlike that potty mouth stuff you churn out :)

Serra--Isn't that song awesome? Sorry about the tendonitis :(

Eric--I will beat you like a rented mule.

Nobody--That's okay, dude. I am sure you have many other fine qualities.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Gentleman-hobbs said...

Came via alex suzie blog some interesting stuff will read you again

5:09 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I love 'Wicked Game'...wow, we have a lot in common!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

...and seven year ache

6:11 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

You are so Fabulous, it's scary!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

I love this meme! Some of the songs you mentioned I now have to go download and put on my Toshiba ~ like the Neutron Dance ~ I love it!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Tense Teacher said...

Now for this one, you could've tagged me, and I wouldn't even have sighed heavily, much less complained. I loves me some music, too!

Oh, and add this one to your sex songs: Feelin Love by Paula Cole. Whew! Gets me hot and bothered just thinking about it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Since you didn't tag me, I'll probably have to steal it and save it for a rainy day.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks for the comment..

Oddly I agree with so many of your music choices except how can someone loathe any song by pink floyd?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Gentleman-Hobbes--Thank you my friend!

Lorraine--And just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler!

CS--It is SO scary, that I don't need to dress up for Halloween, I just go as myself!

Pud--Just thinking about it makes me want to crank it up right now!

Tense--Hmm...I bet I have it. I have her first three CDs. Doesn't ring a bell...I'll check it out.

Blogarita--Oh absolulely, this meme was made for you!

Deb--Hmm...just never got into them, I guess. Sorry :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

hehehe id have been able to answer about three of those. im not so up oin music. plus I am finding it really hard to type, one of my hands fell assleep reading that!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

This is something I should get Donica to do, since she has 3500+ songs on her iPod. She's a music/song fanatic, if there ever was one!

10:32 AM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

Great list. You DO know your music!

10:47 AM  
Blogger michele said...

Two songs i could go through
life and never hear again.
1.Disco Duck-Rick Dees
2.Fast Car-Tracy Chapman

11:13 AM  
Anonymous 3rdtimesacharm( 3T ) said...

You like Dylan? Ahhh! don't worry, I still love you Mr. Fabulous, even though you don't like Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven. The only song I knew how to play on a guitar, so of course I loved it! I wished I had learned more on the guitar, but I broke up with the guy who taught me how to play it.

You redeemed yourself with loving Janis Joplin's Me and Bobby McGee and Every Rose has it's thorn by Poison AND The Purple Rain soundtrack! :-) Fun meme, although it would probably take me hours to complete looking stuff up on google. Either that or if I "borrowed" your answers.
;-)

3T

11:27 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I love that you love "Chess". I mean really, how many people know that the awesome song "One Night in Bangkok" is actually from a MUSICAL?

That was a great meme...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Wow, you took me back with some of those and others I haven't come across.

Maybe I should come over and have a listen. ;)

11:56 AM  
Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon? Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure. By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon. Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen, yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...

For some reason my 17yr.old loves this song. He plays it all the time. :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

BlogMad hit! Turn up the music, please!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

you seriously hate Floyd and Zepplin? or just those songs? but those are classics, man! if you mean you're sick of them though, I totally understand. talk about overplayed. cool meme.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Love your blog, found it while looking at Tiny Voices in My Head.

You have some fantastic taste in music!

3:30 PM  
Blogger MsDemmie said...

I am glad there is no tagging with this one - I do not have the energy for that !

3:32 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

you really had to put some thought into that Meme, those are really not your average questions, I am so glad that you did not tag anyone, especially me. I am not sure I would have had the patience to finish it

3:38 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Blue--Better that than your had fall asleep while you're...you know.

Ginnie--Donica sounds like my kind of music lover!

NeverEnough--Hey, thanks for coming by! Thanks, music is a big part of my life :)

Michele--I am SO with you on number 1, but SO not on number 2 :)

Amber--You are way up on the coolness ladder now, my friend. I can't remember the last time I met someone who knew that!

3T--Wow...you are not a Dylan fan? For some reason that really surprises me, but I don't know why...

Suze--You are more than welcome anytime to come over and have a listen :)

Beady--Now, how did I know you were going to be able to quote that song? :)

Shelli--Yeah! Crank up the Carpenters, eh sis? :)

Webmiztris--No, the whole shooting match. I just could never get into them.

Faith--Hey, thanks, and thanks for taking the time to stop by!

MsDemmmie--Now, would I do that to you? :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

wow you did a good job!!!! but I dont understand why you dont like Micheal Bolton...he was my second husband...my name was Catch Bolton.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You reminded me once again that one of the reasons I adore you so much is because we both dig Pursuit of Happiness.

4:07 PM  
Blogger goldennib said...

I read the whole list (I was paying attention) and you did some awesome work.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Catch--If he is so great, why did you divorce him? :)

Dixie--Aren't they the ginchiest? :)

Goldennib--Thanks! It took a while!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi from Cheeseland! I came to visit via Shelli's blog. I got in on the musical meme, since it's one of my favorite things in the world. Wanna help me stomp these Celine Dion CD's? :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

Great list! Nice to see you renting again. I'll have to keep my eye open on that spot. With regards to Reggae—what about the late, great Bob Marley?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

For some reason I never do memes. There is just so much self inflicted pressure involved in doing those things. I can't help it. I take lists of all kinds way too seriously.:)

7:06 PM  
Blogger michele said...

You like fast car,someone
has stopped taking their
cool pills.

7:22 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

whew! that's a pretty good meme....John Denver? SAy it ain't so Fab!

I am with you on the resevoir dogs sound track! It soooo rocks! I say that as I look for my little green bag....

7:42 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Melissa--Hiya! Any friend of Shelli's is a friend of mine. Absolutely, let's get stompin'!

Michele--No way hey! Who died and made you the arbiter of cool? :)

Katt--Oh hon, you are not a JD fan, are you? How can that be possible when you are a RD fan? Oy!

Janet--You need to relax, my friend. Take a deep breath...

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

you owe me $2.00
I just voted for you in a battle

8:35 PM  
Blogger michele said...

Questioning my cool,well i never!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I didnt divorce him....shhhhhhh...dont tell Nicolette Sheridan.....Im still Catch Bolton!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Tense Teacher said...

You don't like ANY Floyd or Zeppelin?! Say it ain't so! Don't tell Geek; he owns every Floyd album ever released.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Tense Teacher said...

As long as you like Sting, there's still hope for you in my book. Do you?

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Jen--You owe me $4.00. I lost :)

Catch--Oh, okay. Your secret is safe with me.

Tense--Of course he does. He's a geek.

Tense--Um...what do you want to hear? :)

Michele--Don't kill the messenger LOL

10:40 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

Great taste Mr. Fabulous, great. Now just well-round yourself a tad more with the classical & raggae, you're good to let out in public!

and shoot (fam friendly & all), I had my cheese all ready to go with the whine.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

BTW-rebel karma's sucka - YOU were the only one man (or woman) enough to answer to my tag. 'Tis what I get I guess for going against the taggods.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Sodapop said...

I'm so going to steal this meme soon. I'm too tired to do it tonight, but tomorrow or when I get back from CA.

I love the song Come On Eileen. Very fun song!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Geek said...

pbbbbbbthp

11:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Tug--Oh...I don't know as I will ever be able to be let out in public LOL

SodaPop--I'd love to see your list!

Geek--I know you are, but what am I?

11:34 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

What a comprehensive list. Thank you for sharing all that information and most importantly, thank you for not tagging me. :P

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mr.Rehab said...

"The only songs I know that have reggae elements are early Police songs". You don't know UB40 or Bob Marley?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.